PDA

View Full Version : how should I use up my points

Evan
05-27-2005, 10:27 PM
Hi I've got $80 bucks of points that I need to use up in 4 days, and I was hoping i could get some suggestions on how to use them. Right now the Only things I own are EWQL Gold, Stormdrum (on its way) and a Korg KARMA keyboard. So i dont own a sampler, though i might buy Kontact 2 by the end of the summer.

Anything that would assist in film scoring is ideal, but really i just dont want the points to go to waste.

Any ideas, anyone? :confused: :)

Stefan Podell
05-27-2005, 10:33 PM
I used mine ($130 worth) to get Adrenaline.... Something totally different than everything else I had.

Magpie
05-28-2005, 02:23 AM
How do I find how many points I have ?

Liam
05-28-2005, 02:43 AM
The EW Pro Samples series is always good, they are only $50 each. With my remaining points I got Rare Ethinic Instruments and World Vocals. they are very trimmed down versions of the full versions, but you can't beat it for free!

Liam

musicalm
05-28-2005, 08:16 AM
If you're a Logic user I'd suggest World Pack for GarageBand. It's got thousands of really great Apple Loops as well as a bunch of EXS multisampled instruments. Really a great value after the use of some points! That's what I did with mine and I'm loving it! :)

matthew

Looper
05-28-2005, 02:17 PM
How much are points worth anyway. I've got about 150 of them, what does that translate to in $$?

Evan
05-28-2005, 02:24 PM
my 796 translates to $79.60 so im pretty sure you just move the decimal to the left one.

So you would have $15 I suppose

Magpie
05-28-2005, 02:35 PM
How do I find how many points I have ?

:confused:

tango9jeff
05-28-2005, 02:41 PM
Yea I ordered the pro samples world voices and ethnic instr. as well =) Since the some of the stuff was taken from rare instr. but I don't have a dedicated sampler so Im wondering if I'll be able to load them into battery and create a sample map =) If not I'll just have to save for k2 =)

Jeff

Evan
05-28-2005, 02:43 PM
:confused:

just buy something and when you get to the chechout it will tell you

Dave Bourke
05-28-2005, 02:48 PM
On a point of information:

I bought EWQLSO Gold in the group buy and then Gold Pro in the pre-order buy (or whatever it's called). So that would mean that I have the grand total of ZERO points.

Correct?

Just checking...

Kind regards.

Magpie
05-28-2005, 03:13 PM
just buy something and when you get to the chechout it will tell you

I did already , I brought Gold in the group buy and the choirs pre-order but I don't remember seeing anything about how many points I got :confused:

legofred
05-28-2005, 03:39 PM
If you need something for film scoring, maybe ProSamples Vol 13 Choirs (http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/details.phtml?sku=PS13) would be useful? There is a mp3 demo on the product page.

I have this sample CD but have never used it and most likely never will, because some other choirs are expected to show up in my area very soon. I have heard that they are willing to sing whatever I want them to, but I'm not shure if it's true :D

The Prosamples Choir:
http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/details.phtml?sku=PS13

EDIT: You woould need some kind of sampler though, but I noticed that you mentioned that you plan on getting Kontakt later...

Stefan Podell
05-28-2005, 05:35 PM
If you don't know how many points you have, the checkout screen will tell you. And if it doesn't, it's possible you have multiple logins. That happened to me, and an email to Jennifer cleared it all up.

Dave Bourke
05-28-2005, 06:13 PM
I thought I read somewhere that you only got points when you did a "normal" everyday purchase, i.e. not a group buy or a discounted pre-order?

Yes? No? Doug?

Kind regards.

dcoscina
05-28-2005, 06:45 PM
I've been thinking of using my 1202 points to knock down the price of Silver Pro. After the $120, I'm looking at under $200 (US) for Silver Pro. But then again, I'd like to upgrade my Mac Mini to 1 gig of RAM so it can run EWQLSO Gold. So may choices, so few bucks. :(

Stefan Podell
05-28-2005, 07:37 PM
I thought I read somewhere that you only got points when you did a "normal" everyday purchase, i.e. not a group buy or a discounted pre-order?

Yes? No? Doug?

Kind regards.

You would get points for those kinds of purchases, but you couldn't *apply* points to those kinds of purchases (and still can't). Most of my points came from the Gold group buy and Gold Pro pre-order. The only sad thing for me was that by the time I decided to get the mega pack (Choirs, Ra, Colossus), the points program had stopped.... :sniff: :p

- Stefan

Kayamb
05-28-2005, 08:45 PM
Hi there!

I have Stormdrum, EWQLSO Silver and also ordered Silver Pro-Upgrade.
I can't find out how many points I have. The only documents that I have are the order confirmation email automatically sent from jennifer.

There's only 2 days left! Can someone help me to find out?

Cheers!

Kayamb
05-28-2005, 08:54 PM
Well....

I tried to buy a product, clicked 'checkout'. They say 'You currently have no points in your account.'

After all I already bought (stormdrum+EWQLSO Silver+Silver Pro Upgrade), is that possible???

dcoscina
05-28-2005, 09:34 PM
Well....

I tried to buy a product, clicked 'checkout'. They say 'You currently have no points in your account.'

After all I already bought (stormdrum+EWQLSO Silver+Silver Pro Upgrade), is that possible???

I think they stopped the points a few months back when the first announced they'd be discontinuing it. My points go way back to Dec. 04.

Kayamb
05-28-2005, 09:43 PM
I think they stopped the points a few months back when the first announced they'd be discontinuing it. My points go way back to Dec. 04.

Okay, I see...

Well, I guess I am not lucky. Every single thing that I bought was discounted or put on a group-buy 2 weeks later.

Heard about Murphy's law?

Sean R. Beeson
05-28-2005, 10:44 PM
The points you have in your account already are good until May 31st. You have a few more days.

Sean

Evan
05-30-2005, 01:18 AM
Well after a long time deciding i bought ....

http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/details.phtml?sku=BS-301

I really considered the choir, but not having a sampler bothered me.

These effects I could use for when Im helping out with sound design in college on student films...and maybe to add "film Trailorish" hits...plus it was only $30 with my points!

Thanks for the help everyone.

janila
05-30-2005, 07:11 AM
Is there a way to order the EWQLSC with the promo code and a Pro Samples CD with points in the same order? Both the code and points work separately but when combined I get the "Internal Error" page.

Stefan Podell
05-30-2005, 09:10 AM
Is there a way to order the EWQLSC with the promo code and a Pro Samples CD with points in the same order? Both the code and points work separately but when combined I get the "Internal Error" page.

You'll need to place each order separately. Contact Jennifer before you do so, though, and check if she can combine the shipping charges for you.

- Stefan

janila
05-30-2005, 09:16 AM
You'll need to place each order separately. Contact Jennifer before you do so, though, and check if she can combine the shipping charges for you.

- StefanDid just that. Hope she answers quickly, May is pretty much a done deal. :)

chlady
05-31-2005, 05:56 PM
If you're a Logic user I'd suggest World Pack for GarageBand. It's got thousands of really great Apple Loops as well as a bunch of EXS multisampled instruments. Really a great value after the use of some points! That's what I did with mine and I'm loving it! :)

matthew
Anyone know if worldpack can be imported into kontakt 2 sucessfully as I don't have logic and would like to use this with DP4.5?