PDA

View Full Version : Will Symphonic Choirs work with Logic Pro7

dory
05-28-2005, 04:31 PM
Will the new choirs library and the wordbuilder software work using Logic Pro 7?

George Bellas
06-03-2005, 01:32 PM
Will the new choirs library and the wordbuilder software work using Logic Pro 7?

I sure hope so!

I realize EWQLSC comes as an AU, but I am really curious if the Kompact player and Word Builder will actually pass Logic 7's AU validation test.

Does anybody know?:confused:

- George Bellas

Doug Rogers
06-03-2005, 04:20 PM

Until Apple fix a bug in logic they are working on I recommend running WordBuilder standalone.

- Doug

Beach
06-03-2005, 04:48 PM
waiting for EWQLSC, just a question:
Will I be able to write in finale and use the worduilder with the choir loaded in full kontakt?
thank you in advance. :)
Roberto

P.S. In the NAMM video it seems to me to have seen Nick using kontakt to load the choir patches, right?

EricDoggett
06-03-2005, 06:02 PM
Until Apple fix a bug in logic they are working on I recommend running WordBuilder standalone.

- Doug

Whoa - what bug? Is this the first we've heard of this?? It's not listed on the product page. Does this mean we can't use the utility unless we separately run word builder, and figure out a way to match tempo, bounce, etc on our own, separate from Logic?

This seems a little sudden to spring on Logic users (including those that have pre-ordered).

Eric

Nick Phoenix
06-03-2005, 06:16 PM
No it works fine, but is a little bit of a hassle to initially set up. Logic actually has many interesting defects which we discovered. I am also a Logic user.

EricDoggett
06-03-2005, 06:21 PM
Ok - that's good to hear. Had me worried for a bit :)

I would be interested at some point about hearing what the issues are (I assume AU). I would guess in trying to have a plug-in launch another app, or send/receive to it.

Eric

charles
06-03-2005, 08:03 PM
Logic actually has many interesting defects which we discovered. I am also a Logic user.

Hi Nick:

I'm sure that many of your Logic using customers like me
would really like to know your list of Logic issues as they relate to SC and your other libraries.

Can you share a few of them here??

My favorite (not) defect in Logic is how you need
to use those stupid AUX objects if you want to successfully automate volume/pan for individual midi channels of a multitimbral plug-in like Kompakt Player. (Which most of your titles use)

What a crazy hoop to have to jump through just to do something simple like that.
Unnecessary track clutter and signal routing setup not needed by other DAW programs.

Hopefully as successful software developers
you can influence Apple to address issues more than individual users
like us can by leaving feedback at Apple's website.

best,
Charles

dubaifox
06-03-2005, 09:57 PM
Doug mentioned that SC was the first NI product that uses the new RTAS fix.

What kind of performance can we expect in Pro Tools?

Thanks

dory
06-04-2005, 01:57 AM
Wow!! Responses to my question...

I've been waiting a while for this issue to be addressed. I'm glad it finally has been. I implore Logic users to continue a discussion regarding East West products and Logic. More specifically, could the problem between Logic and Choirs be explained more...

I've been using a free version of Cubase to work with Colossus, RA, and Silver. Gold and Choirs are in the mail, and I've been leaning towards Logic. Pros and Cons, anyone?

Doug Rogers
06-04-2005, 08:18 AM
As much as we would like to discuss the details with you all, we are governed by our NDA agreements with these software companies (as are their beta testers). So all we can say is, Apple is already working on fixing the issue that has been reported to them and we are finding them very responsive. Cakewalk, for example, already fixed a bug we found in Sonar and that version (4.0.3) will be available in a couple of weeks (which is remarkable for a software company). Digital Performer and Cubase are working fine. WordBuilder is not a VSTi so some of this technology is new to them also.

As I said before, if your host is not working correctly with WordBuilder, use the standalone version until the host is updated (that's why you get two versions). Setups are provided in the manual and accompanying documentation for the most popular hosts.

- Doug

spikey
06-04-2005, 01:09 PM
Doug-

Can you say just what it was inside Sonar, that would not work correctly with wordbuilder?
Im running Sonar-402 is why Im asking...

Stefan Podell
06-04-2005, 03:48 PM
IIRC, John Philpit said that Sonar was stealing keys from WordBuilder, so you couldn't type "W" and some other character.

Magpie
06-04-2005, 03:55 PM
IIRC, John Philpit said that Sonar was stealing keys from WordBuilder, so you couldn't type "W" and some other character.

Shouldn't be a big problem though , just use the stand alone word buiilder to type yor text,
save the file and then import it into the plugin word builder ;)

Doug Rogers
06-04-2005, 04:09 PM
Shouldn't be a big problem though , just use the stand alone word buiilder to type yor text,
save the file and then import it into the plugin word builder ;)

Well, you won't have to do that with Sonar 4.0.3 - they fixed the problem and it's now working fine.

- Doug

spikey
06-05-2005, 12:48 PM
Well I guess that sorta answers my question doesnt it. I hope Cake doesnt sit on the release update too long...