PDA

View Full Version : CPU at 30% when K2 Demo at rest.

dubaifox
05-29-2005, 09:33 AM
I am trying to get some info on whether or not to try and use my EWQL/NI libraries in Pro Tools/Mac or go with PC's and use Nuendo.

I downloaded the Kontakt2 Demo and noticed that with the 6 instruments loaded as a standalone, the CPU was hitting 30% on my Dual 1.25 with 2 gig RAM. It was in standalone, but using my Digi 002r as output.

That does not seem very good.

Wouldn't K2 have this new updated architecture for improved Pro Tools Performance?

Can anyone provide some comparisons?

chlady
05-29-2005, 12:06 PM
I was curious about this cpu usage also as I have a similar setup, G4 1.25 dual and 1.75 gb ram monitoring with motu 2408 mk3. I was using DP 4.52 open with 12 audio tracks and no other plugins with very little cpu usage. I added one instance of EWQLSO gold kompakt AU VI with 6 instruments loaded. On playback DP cpu meter was at 30 % and spiking every few seconds with lots of artifacts making it impossibble to monitor my string tracks. I ended up freezing the tracks to hear the results which seems pretty inefficient for my workflow if I need to make any changes . Is this normal cpu performance for 6 instruments in one kompakt VI with EWQLSO ?