PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood Strings rebowing the same note

arkogelul
11-27-2015, 05:42 AM
Hi,

I'm having troubles trying to achieve the simplest thing. I would like to repeat the same sustained note, using the bow change powerful patch of the Violin 1 instrument.
But when I do it, I either have plain silence, or a weird volume drop. And if I use the sustain pedal, from the 1st repeated note, CC1 (vibrato in that case) goes right to 0, even if their is information that says otherwise.

I'm I doing something wrong, is there a clean way to have repeated bowed notes ?

Thanks

Jay Asher
11-27-2015, 05:56 AM
Try the Stacc On Bow patches.

arkogelul
11-27-2015, 06:42 AM
But that is a short patch, isn't it ? I would like to repeat a note within a legato line. Like when you change the bow direction, on the same note.

Jay Asher
11-27-2015, 06:44 AM
I understand but even the best sample libraries are not real players and sometimes tricks like layering a legato patch with a shorter one like that is the best solution. Try it and see if you like it.

madstarr12
11-27-2015, 03:21 PM
The only thing you can do with that, is have a small gap between the two notes. Otherwise, you'll have to use a separate patch. Load up another of the same Bowed Legato patch and have repeated notes on separate lines.

pkm
11-27-2015, 06:50 PM
Or do a quick dip of the mod wheel or whatever controls dynamics.