PDA

View Full Version : Sleepless In Seattle!

Peabody
08-29-2006, 05:08 PM
Hi my name is Michael David I have been recording with protools for about a year now & my system doesn't really work to good with my libraries, always crashing I have EWQLSO,RA & Choirs ect, I use a G5 with 2 hard drives with 3 gigs of ram. I will be switching to cuebase, with 2 vision daw systems for a smoother sailing. I have been a songwriter for about 25 years but never really have I composed, composing is a lot different, a real different way of writing I do respect immensely.Do any of you guys have any suggestions on somebody just starting out on some Recording & orchestration classes, if you live here in Seattle it would be great? You can here some of my first composing work at www.myspace.com/michaeldavidwriter Thanx guys, you all have some really great recordings! Michael

fongi
08-31-2006, 06:40 AM
Hi Michael and welcome ! Chris :)

Peabody
08-31-2006, 02:31 PM
Chris Thank you for the responce of kindnes, I was beggining to think nobody liked me out there, lol! Talk with you later Michael

Nash
08-31-2006, 09:43 PM
Hello Michael,

WELCOME!
I am sure you will enjoy in this forum. I can not think of anything better so far.

nickysnd
09-01-2006, 06:06 AM
Hi my name is Michael David I have been recording with protools for about a year now & my system doesn't really work to good with my libraries, always crashing I have EWQLSO,RA & Choirs ect, I use a G5 with 2 hard drives with 3 gigs of ram. I will be switching to cuebase, with 2 vision daw systems for a smoother sailing. I have been a songwriter for about 25 years but never really have I composed, composing is a lot different, a real different way of writing I do respect immensely.Do any of you guys have any suggestions on somebody just starting out on some Recording & orchestration classes, if you live here in Seattle it would be great? You can here some of my first composing work at www.myspace.com/michaeldavidwriter Thanx guys, you all have some really great recordings! Michael
After hearing your music, I can say just that: if I was a composer in Seattle I would have recommended you to go to take some classes in Melbourne, or maybe in Moscow, somewhere far far away... :D

Man, you don't need classes, you need connections and a lot of listening and a lot of work. My two cents.

I have truly enjoyed some fragments you posted there.

Peabody
09-01-2006, 04:36 PM
Hi Nash & thanx for the earshot, look forward to learning from you guys out there in The Composer World!