PDA

View Full Version : Slight inconsistency or am I a buffoon?

jamieboo
12-13-2015, 03:32 AM
I have my HO Diamond template set up in a 'separate stave per articulation' type way.

The first articulation/stave in my 1st Violins is 1st Violins 1 NV NV NV VB RR Ni (1).
The first articulation/stave in my 2nd Violins is 2nd Violins 1 NV NV NV VB RR Ni (1).
And yet with my entirely blank template I can enter a note on the stave or press an onscreen key in Play - and hear that note if it's the 2nd Violins artic. but not if it's the 1st Violins.
With that 1st Violins stave I have to first enter a CC1 value or it will be silent - but this is not the case with the 2nd Violins. And surely these two articulations should be practically identical in programming?

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

LMW
12-13-2015, 05:23 AM
Its a Cubase thing. Slightly annoying at times. It would seem when you saved the template
you had some CC data input and Cubase remembered it (incorrectly). The problem is that if
you have e.g. on bar 8 a CC value of "65" and you scroll back to bar 1, where you didnt have
any CC input, Cubase will then remember the "65" from bar 8.

jamieboo
12-13-2015, 06:17 AM
Thanks LMV
Your reply has a good logic to it.
However I double checked in the Key Editor and found that there are absolutely no rogue blips of CC input anywhere in the template!
So what could be happening??

jamieboo
12-13-2015, 06:25 AM
Is there anywhere in options where one can set up a default CC input that applies generically prior to CC data actually being input actively?
A default Velocity can be set in this way, I just wonder if it's possible with CCs?

LMW
12-13-2015, 06:25 AM
Even if there are no current CC inputs anywhere, Cubase still remembers the last one it played back.

Delete the track. Then load the patch in a new instance. Save the template.
Close it. Reopen it. Does the CC input glitch still occur?

Not that Im aware of. But Id have to check the manual.

jamieboo
12-13-2015, 06:56 AM
Thanks LMW
Interesting...
I didn't delete the track or anything I just went into Play and reloaded (By clicking Replace rather than Add) the same 1st Violins patch - and now it behaves normally! I can hear it! This is prior to actively putting any CC data in.
So that's good! :)
But if Cubase somehow remembers CC settings even between sessions - then that's silly isn't it?!
Doesn't that mean that when I load up my template for a new session I'll have to then Reload each individual articulation in Play to reset any remembered CC levels from a previous session?
That can't be right?
Maybe there's a setting in the Midi>Chase section of Preferences that will help with this.

LMW
12-13-2015, 07:54 AM
Good to hear. :)

Did you resave the template and not the project file?

jamieboo
12-13-2015, 09:30 AM
I did, but what of my further query?
Surely there must be away to stop Cubase remembering CC levels between sessions - especially if the only solution to this is to reload each articulation every time I'm working? My full template takes long enough to load as it is without having to then go through and reload everything one at a time!