PDA

View Full Version : Impulses for Spaces

reekster
12-29-2015, 10:34 AM
Are there (or are there going to be) additional Impulses available for QL Spaces?

Also, is it possible to create your own? If so, specs please!

My GO TO Reverb for SFX design

LMW
12-29-2015, 11:23 AM
No on both accounts.

reekster
12-29-2015, 12:04 PM
That's disappointing. I'd love more offbeat locations, or at least the ability to create them myself.

LMW
12-29-2015, 01:36 PM
You can always post in the suggestion box. Who knows, perhaps in the future ...? ;)

MPDmike
12-29-2015, 02:00 PM
Just be grateful for impulses we have, which are fantastic.

reekster
12-29-2015, 02:52 PM
Grateful? It's not like I got it for free.

Don;t get me wrong, I love what's there, just looking for more odd spaces. As a Sound Designer,and working against the clock, alway on the lookout for new sounds and approaches. Some of the other Convolution reverbs let you create your own and putting n a sound file that isn't an impulse creates some very unique sounds. A simple tool to do that would be worth even paying for as I would also expect to do for new impulses.

JHMusic
12-30-2015, 06:17 AM
Convolution is convolution. You can use any convolution reverb plugin and it'll work in pretty much the same way barring things little extra features like filtering the IR (which in this case turns out is also convolution). When you buy Spaces you're pretty much just paying for the IRs.

New IRs would be nice, but the library is pretty comprehensive as it is.

chlady
01-01-2016, 12:05 PM
I use Spaces for many things and like the IR spaces that are there as well but it's not the end all reverb. There are some other convolution reverbs available some of which that are free that you can use to import other IR spaces. I also use quite a few non convolution reverbs from Universal Audio . They all have their place so you just have to the tool box filled with some options for the right situation.