PDA

View Full Version : Can we please have Double-click defaults in PLAY?

keyman_sam
01-01-2016, 09:46 PM
I love Composer Cloud but it is so darn tiring to go from one sound to the next, always having to click 'Replace'.

Can we have a simplified browsing experience by having a double-click default to replace all instruments or add to instrument? Much like Kontakt...

Taking that a step further would be keyboard shortcuts for "next" or "previous" - that'd be AWESOME - no more mousing around!

Oh - Hi! :D

LMW
01-02-2016, 04:31 AM
Moved this to the suggestion box.

admin
01-02-2016, 07:39 AM
I love Composer Cloud but it is so darn tiring to go from one sound to the next, always having to click 'Replace'.

Can we have a simplified browsing experience by having a double-click default to replace all instruments or add to instrument? Much like Kontakt...

Taking that a step further would be keyboard shortcuts for "next" or "previous" - that'd be AWESOME - no more mousing around!

Oh - Hi! :D

Most users already double click on the instrument to load it instead of using the button, so if we removed the 'replace' prompt they would probably get pretty upset when their currently loaded instruments disappear.

pkm
01-02-2016, 09:13 AM
Most users already double click on the instrument to load it instead of using the button, so if we removed the 'replace' prompt they would probably get pretty upset when their currently loaded instruments disappear.

There could, of course, be an option.

admin
01-02-2016, 10:20 AM
There could, of course, be an option.

And what specifically would that option be considering there are multiple scenarios the software needs instructions for?

pkm
01-02-2016, 03:40 PM
And what specifically would that option be considering there are multiple scenarios the software needs instructions for?

The same options as the dialog box, right? Replace All, Replace Selected, or Add? I haven't used Play in a couple years so I forget exactly how it's worded.

Tell you what, you tell me what the multiple scenarios are, and I'll tell you what the option should be, but I want a consulting fee. :)

keyman_sam
01-03-2016, 01:47 PM
The same options as the dialog box, right? Replace All, Replace Selected, or Add? I haven't used Play in a couple years so I forget exactly how it's worded.

Tell you what, you tell me what the multiple scenarios are, and I'll tell you what the option should be, but I want a consulting fee. :)

Or, I'll waive my consulting fee and list them out for you if you guys promise to implement it :D

Preferences:
On double-click:
- Prompt for load options (default -the behavior we have currently)
- Replace selected instrument
- Add to existing instrument
- Replace All

In my case I would choose 'Replace selected instrument' since that is what I do mostly. Easy breezy. :headphones:

keyman_sam
01-06-2016, 03:39 PM
Couldn't edit my post, so I'm adding some test cases:

1). Adding an instrument (Preferences: Double click replaces selected instrument):
- Click the Add button.
- Drag and drop (needs implementation)

2). Replace All instruments:
- Click the "Replace All" button (needs implementation)
- Delete each instrument one by one and add instrument.

Basically, you would need to add a 'Replace All' button next to the Add and Replace buttons. That will take care of all cases regardless of the preferences.

HTH.