PDA

View Full Version : EW Gold Pro upgrade release date.........

GORILLA
05-29-2005, 07:09 PM
Hello, O.K. with ALL these different specials and release dates I just want to make **** sure this isn't a typo-error. I went to the Gold Pro upgrade page and seen this- JUST NOW

Our price: $995.00

This title will be
released on 30-JUN-
05. You may order it
now and we will ship it
to you when it arrives (http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/cart.phtml?op=display)

So, we have up till June the 30th to order this (The Gold PRO upgrade) with the (Promo code- EWPRO.)

Right? :cool:

Thanks

Doug Rogers
05-29-2005, 08:35 PM
Hello, O.K. with ALL these different specials and release dates I just want to make **** sure this isn't a typo-error. I went to the Gold Pro upgrade page and seen this- JUST NOW

Our price: $995.00

This title will be
released on 30-JUN-
05. You may order it
now and we will ship it
to you when it arrives (http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/cart.phtml?op=display)

So, we have up till June the 30th to order this (The Gold PRO upgrade) with the (Promo code- EWPRO.)

Right? :cool:

Thanks

Correct.

- Doug

GORILLA
05-30-2005, 12:43 PM
Thanks you Sir.

Nayi
05-30-2005, 01:23 PM
I'm sorry if this has been answered but will there be demos of the pro upgrades?

Sean R. Beeson
05-30-2005, 01:49 PM
Yes.

Sean

dcoscina
05-30-2005, 03:25 PM
I hope they get posted in mid-June so that those of us who want to be buy Pro upgrades, yet still are somewhat reserved about doing so prior to listening to examples, will have the opportunity to get the 30% of deal.

Heck, I'll gladly do some demos using Silver Pro or Gold Pro...just send me a copy and I'll write something that makes John Williams turn green with envy. :D :D :D

Nayi
05-30-2005, 04:42 PM
Yes.

Sean

Thanks.

Now I have another question. Can someone still use GOLD Pro without the first edition of gold?

esteso
05-30-2005, 04:55 PM
No. It is designed to be used with the original Gold Pro. You will be missing basic articulations.

Sean R. Beeson
05-30-2005, 05:22 PM
You can buy gold pro without owning gold. You can run gold pro without owning gold, but the pro series are complemented, and strongly complement its counterparts. Like Esteo said, it is designed to be used with the originals.

Sean

dory
05-30-2005, 09:24 PM
So, is Gold Pro just a bunch of additional sounds that are meant to be added to Gold, or is it an actual independently valuable library?

Nick Phoenix
05-30-2005, 10:29 PM
So, is Gold Pro just a bunch of additional sounds that are meant to be added to Gold, or is it an actual independently valuable library?

It is an addition to Gold, although a huge one because the addition is bigger and more diverse than Gold itself.

Luis Kieslich
05-31-2005, 06:45 AM
Hello to all, I´d like to know, if possible, the price of a Platinum Pro section itself. Would they all have the same price? Thank´s and congratulations for your incredibly amazing proyects ;)

Dr.Quest
05-31-2005, 07:33 AM
Does the discount for the Gold Pro Upgrade end today May 31st? Or does it end June 30th when the product ships?
Thanks.
Jamie

awpmusic
05-31-2005, 07:51 AM
30th June - check the top of this thread!

Dr.Quest
05-31-2005, 10:39 AM
30th June - check the top of this thread!

Just wanted to be sure as the header info on the main Pro buy thread said May 31st up until yesterday I think. Anyway, that's great as now maybe I can get Stormdrums and the Gold upgrade! Very cool.
J :cool:

neoTypic
06-01-2005, 02:06 AM
I have platinum strings, how much it will cost to upgrade to pro?

Pro does not appear to be broken down into instrument classes like the original set. Like stated before, it is possible to use it stand-alone which would compliment the strings you already have, but I'm afraid wouldn't give you a wide enough pallet for the rest. The full version of Platinum is on sale right now for $1495 (a little bit more than the group buy price was), but you wouldn't get to apply your strings purchase as it is a sale price.

Owning any part or whole of Platinum does not get you an 'upgrade' pricing model, but if you own EWQLSO you get 30% off discount until it ships.

jackn2mpu
06-01-2005, 05:40 AM
You can buy gold pro without owning gold. You can run gold pro without owning gold, but the pro series are complemented, and strongly complement its counterparts. Like Esteo said, it is designed to be used with the originals.

Sean
This brings up a question: will the installation of Gold Pro put another Kompakt engine on my system, or will it integrate with the existing Kompakt that I have from the original Gold install?

neoTypic
06-01-2005, 05:43 AM
This brings up a question: will the installation of Gold Pro put another Kompakt engine on my system, or will it integrate with the existing Kompakt that I have from the original Gold install?

It will place another Kompakt engine on your system. If you own the full version of Kontakt you'll be able to load patches from both libraries in the same player.

jackn2mpu
06-02-2005, 10:37 AM
It will place another Kompakt engine on your system. If you own the full version of Kontakt you'll be able to load patches from both libraries in the same player.
I've got the full Kontakt so it looks like that will be the way I'll have to go. Sure seems a shame if we'd have to have two Kompakt engines open to use both the original Gold and Gold Pro. Waiting with baited breath for the update, which if it's the end of June, I'll have 5 days over the 4th of July weekend to muck about with it.

awpmusic
06-02-2005, 10:43 AM
It will place another Kompakt engine on your system.

Is this an inspired guess or do you have inside info - or a link to a page with the news maybe?

Stefan Podell
06-02-2005, 11:42 AM
Is this an inspired guess or do you have inside info - or a link to a page with the news maybe?

Doug said so once or twice on NSS.

awpmusic
06-02-2005, 02:24 PM
OK - thanks - I'll find out soon enough now - I hope.

neoTypic
06-02-2005, 10:27 PM

*looks from side to side and waves you over*

Hey, psst, you want to buy some samples? They're top grade stuff man. I got the early release. ;)

Naw, I've just been around the boards for a while so I tend to pick up info once it's been said a half dozen times. ;)