PDA

View Full Version : Where is midi CC 14?!

lockscombi
01-15-2016, 11:46 PM
Hi guys

Reading the manual. Going good guns. Except I have no idea what it means in this paragrapgh..

Invoke MIDI Control Code 14 on the MIDI channel for this instrument (using a slider on a control surface or an envelope in a sequencer).
Set CC 14 to a value of 66127 when you want to force the playback of downward samples
Set CC 14 to a value of exactly 65 to force the playback of repetition samples (neither upward no downward)
Set CC 14 to a value of 064 to force the playback of upward samples.

I have a simple novation launch control i use with ableton live 9. I know how to map things to it easy. Problem is where is CC 14 inside play? Is there a midi map for play i can look at?

Thanks
Andrew

Marcusmax
01-16-2016, 08:12 AM
Hi Andrew. I think you need to set this up in your DAW, not in Play. I'm not familiar with Ableton but in Logic once you map an external controller's slider/knob to the CC you want within Logic, like where mod wheel is already mapped to CC#1, then Play should know what to do with it if the patch uses that particular CC. I'm pretty sure that should be right but no doubt someone will correct me if not..

Mark

lockscombi
01-18-2016, 09:44 AM
Thanks for the response

I understand that but I have no idea how to set up midi cc controls in Ableton. The east west manual has no information on this. Also i can't find 1 dam tutorial on this!!

Is there a tutorial anywhere explaining how to set up cc control in ableton? I have absolutely no idea where to start and I am frustrated as all hell.

I watched this tutorial explaining velocity on cello patch

http://media.soundsonline.com/tutorials/EW-190/hollywood-strings-legato-tutorial-1.mov

I load the same patch in daw and velocity doesnt do shit. What the hell is going on. Where are the tutorials on how to map this stuff???!!!

EAST WEST HELP ME PLEASE

miekwave
01-18-2016, 08:40 PM
Hi guys

Reading the manual. Going good guns. Except I have no idea what it means in this paragrapgh..

Invoke MIDI Control Code 14 on the MIDI channel for this instrument (using a slider on a control surface or an envelope in a sequencer).
• Set CC 14 to a value of 66–127 when you want to force the playback of downward samples
• Set CC 14 to a value of exactly 65 to force the playback of repetition samples (neither upward no downward)
• Set CC 14 to a value of 0–64 to force the playback of upward samples.

I have a simple novation launch control i use with ableton live 9. I know how to map things to it easy. Problem is where is CC 14 inside play? Is there a midi map for play i can look at?

Thanks
Andrew

You need to Map via controller MIDI CC output value, not on VST. USE M4L CC if you wish to map using your Launch Control.