PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question/s

roger_fedyk
01-20-2016, 08:59 PM
Hi. I purchased Symphonic Choirs a month ago. I can get it working somewhat but there are things that are driving me nuts.

Firstly, everything I do is written with a midi editor in MultiTrack Studio Pro. I have full access to inserting CCs.

I am trying to use WordBuilder. I have looked at some tutorials but they all seemed to be targeted at midi key board players.

WB will be great for recording some of my work. I can hear how powerful it is.
One complaint, the vowel sounds are definitely tinged with American accents. I am writing an Ave Maria which requires Latin sounds that in the main require the type of vowel sounds that are heard in European languages. I use the word 'Dominus' for example and the best combination using Votox in Latin mode sounds like 'Daminoos'.

Another issue is that at random the singing just truncates some syllables.
Further issues are; I hear Baritone voices in low tenor parts and the volume on syllables is not consistent with some being much louder than others.

So what would you suggests, folks.

trumpoz
01-21-2016, 01:58 PM
Virtual instruments are not perfect. Far from it - the need a lot of massaging to sound convincing. Symphonic Choirs requires much more. You can alter the length of individual syllables in wordbuilder.

Hopefully TGV casts his eyes this way as he has done some great things with SC. Dominus - you could try DuO mEn OUs, and then layer the oU and OU (ie have them sounding at the same time - done in wordbuilder). Sometimes it is just experimenting.

In terms of volume issues try setting the volume for individual letters in Play (instructions are in the manual).

admin
01-21-2016, 02:40 PM
What Trumpoz said plus if you can't get the hang of it there are many latin phrases prepared in a drop down menu. Choirs sing a lot in latin.