PDA

View Full Version : EW Hollywood Series sound set?

10Dman
01-23-2016, 04:16 PM
Hello guys!

I'm just wondering if anyone of you have had experience with "The Sound Set Project"?
I use Cubase to do my mockups, but I would like try out some new sounds for Sibelius (7.5 atm) when notating some of them, as I have the complete Hollywood series diamond and some other libs like symphonic choirs :)

Here is their website for those who also are interested: http://www.soundsetproject.com/soundsets/eastwest/

Best,
10Dman

wcreed51
01-23-2016, 05:22 PM
It's the only game in town, and a good one...

10Dman
01-23-2016, 05:36 PM
Ok, thanks :)
Do you have any demos of hollywood series with the sound sets?
How is sibelius 8.1 compared to 7.5 by the way? (I know we're not supposed to talk about other programs, but what heck :P)

peter5992
02-03-2016, 08:15 AM
The sound set project is essential if you want to use EW instruments with Sibelius --- in theory you could figure how to create your own soundset, but unless you have thousands of hours of free time, and love to program, it's going to be nightmare.

As to Sibelius 8.1 versus 7.5, if you go to the Sibelius chat page you'll find that most users are less than lukewarm about the upgrade (and there's also a fair degree of undiluted hatred for Avid as a company). That said, the 8.1 upgrade has fixed a couple of very long time bugs:

- overlapping endings for repeats are now fixed;
- rests in other voices are now in their proper place, with a couple of default from which you can choose (in version up to 8.1 they collided with the notes in the other voice; it was fixable manually but a bit of a nuisance).

If you visit Philip Rothman's Sibelius blog you can find all the details, with examples of how it looks like.

Oh, and if you like to "doodle" on your score --- you can now do that in version 8.