PDA

View Full Version : Piano sounds

Australian_Composer
05-29-2005, 11:17 PM
Will somebody please____ answer me so I can actually understand?

I want to get a Piano sound.

I have *.nki files but can't use them apparently with EWQLSO Platinum?

What can I use them with?

One said Kontakt Sampler?

Is that the one that comes standard with Sibelius?

The whole thing is ridiculous, this doesn't work with that and so on?

Now I think I see that the Piano Silver Steinway sounds are available in Platinum Upgrades so what is the score there, do we have to pay even more as I just bought Platinum a few months ago?

Thanks to someone?

neoTypic
05-29-2005, 11:46 PM
You need either the full version of Kontakt or Kompakt to use the .nki files or another sampler that can understand them - i.e. not the Kompakt Player that is used for the standalone versions of Silver/Gold/Platinum. The one that comes with Sibelius is also a stand alone Kompakt Player, and not the full version.

The full version of the piano will come with the PRO upgrades of Gold and Platinum which is a seperate add on library to what you already have. The .nki files that you have are 'light' versions that came with Silver and have been provided to Gold/Platinum users as an added consideration.

Hope that helps bud. ;)

Australian_Composer
05-30-2005, 05:08 AM
Piano sounds for EWQLSO Platinum are they available now?

How much more is it?

Australian Dollars please?

Thanks

neoTypic
05-30-2005, 07:11 AM
No they aren't yet. They will ship with the Platinum Pro Upgrades whenever it comes out. There are other piano packages available from SoundsOnline now, but you have to pay for them as they are seperate libraries.

This link (http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/search.phtml?type=sample_cds_and_cd_roms&sound_category=pianos_keyboards) will take you to their organ/piano selection.

Australian_Composer
05-30-2005, 08:16 PM
1. Does any one know when the Platinum Piano Sounds Upgrade will be available and how much approx$?

2. I have Cubase SX3 can EWQLSO Silver sounds *.nki be used through it meanwhile?

Thanks for the help so far.

jphilpit
05-30-2005, 08:52 PM
There's no upgrade of only the piano with Platinum Edition. The list price for Platinum "Pro," which contains approximately as many gigabytes of sample data as the original Platinum (including the piano) is $2995.00 in US dollars. There's a pre-release discount available at the moment, but if you're asking about getting only a piano to accompany Platinum Edition, that's not the price-effective way to do it.

So you have a choice:
1. Buy Kontakt from NI, so you can play the piano samples you were recently sent. And you can use Kontakt with the rest of Platinum as well to give you some extra capabilities.
2. Or find some samples that play in a sample player you already have. (But not in the Kompakt "instruments" included with EWQLSO Platinum, because they are restricted versions that only play the sounds with which they were delivered.) There are lots of free piano "sound fonts" online, but they are of varying quality, so try them until you find one you like.
3. Or buy a piano package for under a few hundred dollars and get something that's self-contained and easy to use. There are lots of threads in various forums online comparing available commercial piano programs.

On the question of whether Cubase can play the piano samples, the answer is not directly. It can host a sample player that can play samples such as the piano samples you received. I use Sonar, and not Cubase, but I know that most sequencers, such as Cubase, come with a collection of sound generators--either samples and a simple sample player, or a simple synthesizer that can emulate the sound of a piano. Have you looked to see whether Cubase has anything like that already in the box?

John

jmeredith
05-30-2005, 10:25 PM
The .nki files that you have are 'light' versions that came with Silver and have been provided to Gold/Platinum users as an added consideration.

Hello... Are these available for download somewhere on the site or do I need to send an email and ask for them? (I recently purchased Gold and this would be a nice treat)

Thank you in advance

neoTypic
05-30-2005, 10:44 PM
Hello... Are these available for download somewhere on the site or do I need to send an email and ask for them? (I recently purchased Gold and this would be a nice treat)

Thank you in advance

You need to send an e-mail to ask for them. It's a lil under 10$ I think for shipping costs. ;)

jmeredith
05-30-2005, 10:46 PM
Thank you neoTypic :)