PDA

View Full Version : World Builder reset on CC20 in Logic X

muzycal_es
02-24-2016, 12:14 PM
I have been struggling trying to reset the CC20 for the World Builder module. I will briefly try explain what the problem is and how I'm trying to solve it.

Problem:
I need a way to manually move the the phrase-cursor of what my choir is singing. I understand (from other posts on the EWSO's forum) that the Word Builder works on CC20.

Attempt to solve it:
What I've done is to manually write (in the Midi-Draw editor) -using the pencil tool- from 0 to 127 values hoping that one of those numbers would trigger a reset. I would love it if I could set up the reset to happen on a key-switch. (same way the master lib. of the symphonic orchestra does it)

A couple of questions:
What am I doing wrong? What is the recommended way of resetting the phrase suggested by EWQL (if any)?

Thanks much

Boberg
02-25-2016, 12:52 AM
A value of 127 will reset the WordBuilder to the start of the phrase.

muzycal_es
04-17-2016, 06:21 PM
Thank you for your reply, Boberg. This is how I made it work: for the midi-track holding my choir, I added the value of 126 to the CC21 (this control can be changed in word-builder (options) - by default CC21 resets the WB). Then, in the list editor, I forced the 126 value (since the midi-draw did not allow me to input 127). That did the trick.

Cheers