PDA

View Full Version : Template PRO in EW - are we supposed to load all instruments

keyman_sam
02-29-2016, 10:39 PM
I don't get the Template PRO folder. Are we supposed to load all these instruments in one instance and create our own keyswitches (if possible)?

Reading the manual it doesn't give much info other than saying it is a starting point.

:confused:

C4L88
03-01-2016, 06:19 AM
I see that you are relatively new to the forum (welcome!) so this will be a bit of a vocabulary study as well, just in case you haven't heard some of these words yet . You'll see these words used a lot around here (if you already know them, sorry for the redundancy :p) :

They are just recommended articulations for people who are building up their orchestral templates, pre-made layouts designed by the composer, often paired with VEP (Vienna Ensemble Pro 5 hosting software. Just recently received it and it is amazing)

So the patches in there are just recommended "common" articulations that make sense in a template.

For instance, in one of my orchestral templates, I have the most common articulations set up to load when I open the template; a legato patch, a sustain patch, a shorts patch, and a pizzicato patch. 4 of the most common articulations you'll see in an orchestra, all of which are in the Template PRO files

More just an organizational folder saying "these will probably be the most common patches you'll use"

keyman_sam
03-01-2016, 11:32 AM
I see that you are relatively new to the forum (welcome!) so this will be a bit of a vocabulary study as well, just in case you haven't heard some of these words yet . You'll see these words used a lot around here (if you already know them, sorry for the redundancy :p) :

They are just recommended articulations for people who are building up their orchestral templates, pre-made layouts designed by the composer, often paired with VEP (Vienna Ensemble Pro 5 hosting software. Just recently received it and it is amazing)

So the patches in there are just recommended "common" articulations that make sense in a template.

For instance, in one of my orchestral templates, I have the most common articulations set up to load when I open the template; a legato patch, a sustain patch, a shorts patch, and a pizzicato patch. 4 of the most common articulations you'll see in an orchestra, all of which are in the Template PRO files

More just an organizational folder saying "these will probably be the most common patches you'll use"

Thanks - that makes sense. I have VE pro as well and I'm trying to set up my template. So do you load all the 1st violin patches in one instance and keyswitch between them? Or do use one per midi track and go between the articulations/tracks?

It would make sense to me if , for instance, ALL 1st violins were all loaded in a single instance so that you can keyswitch between them. The articulations are so many and it's so confusing that I just went with CS strings for the sake of simplicity. Some "mega patches" that have all articulations loaded up for 1st violins, 2nd, celli, etc would really help out beginners like myself.

LMW
03-01-2016, 11:42 AM
You can check my template here: http://www.soundsonline-forums.com/showthread.php?t=50363
I use one main KS patch and then a couple of others.

keyman_sam
03-01-2016, 09:45 PM
You can check my template here: http://www.soundsonline-forums.com/showthread.php?t=50363
I use one main KS patch and then a couple of others.

Thanks a ton!

trumpoz
03-02-2016, 02:28 AM
For strings I have one vframe per instrument section with 2 instances of Play in each vframe. This is to separate the legato patch for the instrument/section with the non-legato patches. :
Vln 1
Vln 2
Vla
Cello
Dbl Bs

For Brass/Woodwinds it is again one vframe per section, but with many more Play instances for the legato instruments.
Horns
Tpts
Trombones
Low Brass (Cimbasso, Tuba, Low Brass Ens etc)
Clarinets
Flutes
Dbl Reeds

Percussion is per sound source type and tuned/untuned ie metals, woods, drums, Timps, Tuned perc (xylo/glock/marimba) and anything else that I feel I wnat/need when I load it up.

Then there are all the rock bits and pieces, SD2/3/Gypsy/Harp/Solo Cello/Piano/Pro Drummer and loads of other stuff (on one slave- gold versions).

Templates are a great tool for procrastination!

LMW
03-02-2016, 07:25 AM
Templates are a great tool for procrastination!
But it sure does take some time untill you have a template you like. :rolleyes: