PDA

View Full Version : HornMeister

HornMeister
09-02-2006, 04:59 PM
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/Truth2thefullest/bw.jpg

Name: Starlyn A.Lopez

Favorite music: Jazz, Soundtracks, Classical, yea it varies on the mood

Favorite Composers: Dmitri Shostakovich, Hector Berlioz, Claude Debussy, Phillip Glass, Ennio Morricone, Beethoven, Miles Davis, Michel Camilo, Michel Petrucciani, Dave Brubeck the list is massive.

Favorites Soundbank: EASTWEST/QUANTUM LEAP, Native Instruments Absynth, Arturia, Garritan because they are cheap and of good quality.

Lets see started playing the trombone in 8th grade. Made regionals, never went back to states, because mom wanted me to become a doctor, and tried to steer me away from music (she didnt get too far) I realized the musician lifestyle is much much cooler. Starting college in the fall as a music performance major. Plan to transfer out to a stricly musical school..ala Berklee, New England Conservatory something along those lines.

Ohh I'm marching drum corps next summer because marching is awesome.

Started "composing" about 2 years ago, then I realized nothing I wrote sounded good even to my own musically gifted ears. So spent an undisclosed amount:-/ on music theory books, Orchestration books, Sibelius Compass and Auralia and spent the summer really learning theory. Now compositions are coming together a lot easier.

Bought a macbook pro and Garritan Personal Orchestra this summer and I have Finale 2006 so the composing is coming along really well. Plan to purchase Gold sometime before the end of the year. (Thank God for not paying for college)

Ultimate dream would be to score films (striclty Indie I cant stand Hollywood) and its something I'm really going to pursue but in the meantime, music therapy is really appealing to me and probably going to do something in that field. You need something to pay the bills while you train to be the next Morricone.

Starlyn

nickysnd
09-02-2006, 05:05 PM
spend a summer really learning the craft of theory.
Not sure what you mean... Maybe a typo? Like "craft or theory"?

HornMeister
09-02-2006, 05:07 PM
Not sure what you mean... Maybe a typo? Like "craft or theory"?

yay 100 post

yea typo

Notre Dame football game is on:D

Peabody
09-02-2006, 05:22 PM
I'm I look forward to hearing some of your work! Michael David

fongi
09-03-2006, 02:39 AM
Hey Starlyn, welcome ! now Hornmeister is an interesting name for an American donīt you think, well it is German right? I like all of the Composers you listed except Miles Davis, come to think of it he did write "All Blues" now that was a good tune but apart from that ?? :D

HornMeister
09-03-2006, 10:41 AM
Hey Starlyn, welcome ! now Hornmeister is an interesting name for an American donīt you think, well it is German right? I like all of the Composers you listed except Miles Davis, come to think of it he did write "All Blues" now that was a good tune but apart from that ?? :D

ehh I like the way HornMeister sounds:rolleyes:
I wanted the name "username" but someone already took it.
and although I live in America my roots are deep within the Dominican Republic in the carribbean. Both my parents are from there and I was born and raised there till I was about 8 , then moved up here. I tend to stay away from the "American" label, I'm a duel citizen haha.

Miles was awesome, to reassure that listen to his "Kind of Blue" album. Thats all you need to be reassured that he was an innovator.

fongi
09-03-2006, 01:09 PM
Hi Starlyn youīre right Miles was an innovator and a very cool horn player, but you listed him as one of your favourite composers along with people like Shostakovitch and Debussy, now those guys were real masters thatīs my point. Take care. Chris :D

HornMeister
09-03-2006, 04:19 PM
Hi Starlyn youīre right Miles was an innovator and a very cool horn player, but you listed him as one of your favourite composers along with people like Shostakovitch and Debussy, now those guys were real masters thatīs my point. Take care. Chris :D

you dont think Miles was a real master?

come on

the dude was sick with it

haha

its ok

to each his own

fongi
09-10-2006, 02:24 AM
I saw Miles in my home town London and he played BAD ! had he not been surrounded by all the hype and a lot of other top players they would have bood him off, thatīs a fact ! Actually over half the audience left in the intermmission. :)

HornMeister
09-10-2006, 08:06 PM
I saw Miles in my home town London and he played BAD ! had he not been surrounded by all the hype and a lot of other top players they would have bood him off, thatīs a fact ! Actually over half the audience left in the intermmission. :)

wow
but still
he died before I even knew who he was
I'd kill to seem him play
Even on a BAD day

fongi
09-11-2006, 02:42 PM
Hey Starlyn, go see Wynton Marsalis now that is a REAL master, he can play everything!! the complete Jazz and classic repetoire that guy is really something else !! an artist and a master right down to his little toe !!! :D