PDA

View Full Version : Bounce-in-Place multiple mic positions (Logic Pro X)

tommyrack13
04-27-2016, 10:25 AM
Hey guys,

Just trying to figure something out on the whole mixdown workflow - does anyone know if it's possible to have an instance of Play set up with multiple mic positions and then be able to bounce down each mic position to a separate audio track IN ONE TAKE?

For example - I have an instance of QL Pianos that's got all three mics loaded up and I want to BIP the track to save on processing power before I add in a whole bunch of other instruments. However, I'm not sure which mic position will sound best in the mix so I want to bounce all three to separate tracks to allow for maximum flexibility automating the levels on each, BUT also to have that coming from the SAME take to avoid any phasing with round robins being out of sync or whatever.

Any takers?
Thanks a lot,
T

JBlongz
04-28-2016, 02:48 PM
1) When you create an instrument track, select a multi channel version of Play.

2) In the Play mixer interface, expand the channel view of your loaded patch. Activate the mics you desire and set the output as increments.

3) In Logic's mix view, click the "+" symbol on the Play instrument channel strip for each extra aux output you need.

4) Set the output of each aux to a separate bus.

5) Create an audio track for each bus and set the inputs of each bus respectively.

6) Set input monitoring and enable recording for each from the mix view.

To make your life easier, here's a template: https://mega.nz/#!tFQT1TIa!QgyoSY0lQMWdhxJUNlCUidaxSoHYkoXnDi6EKqD aGt4

oleJoergensen
04-29-2016, 01:29 AM
1) When you create an instrument track, select a multi channel version of Play.

2) In the Play mixer interface, expand the channel view of your loaded patch. Activate the mics you desire and set the output as increments.

3) In Logic's mix view, click the "+" symbol on the Play instrument channel strip for each extra aux output you need.

4) Set the output of each aux to a separate bus.

5) Create an audio track for each bus and set the inputs of each bus respectively.

6) Set input monitoring and enable recording for each from the mix view.

To make your life easier, here's a template: https://mega.nz/#!tFQT1TIa!QgyoSY0lQMWdhxJUNlCUidaxSoHYkoXnDi6EKqD aGt4

Thank you for sharing this information.

JBlongz
04-29-2016, 01:33 AM
You're welcome.

tommyrack13
05-03-2016, 03:50 AM
Thanks! That's really helpful JBlongz!

T