PDA

View Full Version : hi all

matmilne
10-02-2006, 09:35 AM
i'm matt milne.

And at age 19 have 13 piano concertos, 4 violin concertos, 1 flute concerto, 3 symphonies and almost a thousand solo pieces, themes and other works under my belt. I have been creating music since the age of 5.

I am also one of the youngest film composers to score hollywood movies. my current clientell include oscar nominees and grammy winners. There are some 150 commisions in this area, made since february 2005.
Any of you who go to film festivals especialy in the states will hear some of my music next year from 4 or 5 films. Some of you may also have heard it in 2 austrailin films, clips from which were shown on abc's news now under their "emmy worthy performance" show.

i'm really just a "bedroom" composer who's taken things a bit too far, but at least i'm getting somewhere. It's what i love to do the most, and frankly, without music to lift my mood, i would be 6 feet under (that's manic depression for you)

I achieved all this with a 100 quids worth of stuff from creative, effectively a garden shed compred to the opera house that is east west quantum leap. But i upgraded so i would qualify for professional rates and beyond. Also i'm one of these composers where the samles that are used severely limit the scope of the compositions. SO i upgraded so i could achieve my full potential.

I'm really looking foreward to discussing the industry and different composing methods with you all. Not to mention working on some great movies with this amazing equipment.

see you all out there.
matt

fongi
10-02-2006, 10:09 AM
Hi Matt, you´re definitely different.

nikolas
10-02-2006, 11:48 AM
WOW

That is impressive!

What about a site with your music, or mp3s, or something simmilar? I'm really eager to listen to your stuff :)

babaorum
10-02-2006, 11:57 AM
Mat :eek: :eek:

matmilne
10-02-2006, 12:15 PM
sure check the sig

nikolas
10-03-2006, 06:18 AM
I am also one of the youngest film composers to score hollywood movies. my current clientell include oscar nominees and grammy winners. There are some 150 commisions in this area, made since february 2005.
:-/

I'm somehow finding that a little difficult to believe. You've got a lot of composition that's for sure (not sure if all 13 concertos are worthy or just small compositions when you were six or something), but taken from the MP3.au score for professional rates OR free in the style of john williams, james horner, howard shore, jerry goldsmith, alan menken and similar....sounds a little weird. So you take 1000$ per minute (at least), but also free and don't yet have a website, or decent equipment to do a little better production?

I'm not calling you a liar or anything, note that, nor I want to offend you in any way. Just trying to understand. :)

fongi
10-03-2006, 02:33 PM
Matts not telling lies Nikolas, he´s just dreaming and I mean big style. If I was earning a $1000.- a minute I wouldn´t have time to be messing around on this forum, I´d be in a big fat studio with an even bigger fatter orchestra, come on guys let´s get real this is embarrasing nonsense!! :rolleyes:

awpmusic
10-03-2006, 03:11 PM
I am also one of the youngest film composers to score hollywood movies. Which ones?

Raul_
10-03-2006, 03:56 PM
Well Matt, imdb.com needs a serious update for you and your movies !

Welcome.:p

Nash
10-05-2006, 08:09 AM
Bravo Matt, welcome to forum. I believe you, why not. I must admit it sounds realy weird what you are saying, but hey you are welcome anyway. I would love to hear more about your Hollywood event. Sound interesting plus you are very young. Give us some more info.:)