PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone.

Vael
10-03-2006, 04:33 AM
Hi,

It's time for me to introduce myself, isn't it ? :) Well My first name is Sébastien, I come from France, near Paris. My musical background is somewhat chaotic. I learned the piano basis whe I was 7 years old, and my teacher became a full professionnal one year and a half later, leaving me with no teachers... my mother was a good pianist and tried to continue to teach me, but as you must know: children never listen to their parents. :p Later I fell in love for the guitar sound, and that's why I bought one, and began to learn this instrument without taking any lesson. After my grand-father died, I got a concerto flute from him, that has been owned by a renowned player... and I was unable to keep me from trying to playing it :) So I learn to play, again, with no teacher. I always played mostly by improvising. My main lacking point is that I am awful at musical scribe and notation.

One day, I found a mp3 music, simulating an orchestra, and I loved that... so I searched, and that's how I discovered people using samples, etc... and I finally bought some, and guess what ? I love that :D

Now, let's see what I can do with all thees stuffs. I just hope to improve my musical skills, in order to produce music suitable for game or film scoring, not really to get contracts with big boys, but most in order to get fun. :)

See you around ! :)

PS: at the day of writing this "bio", I'm a 25 years old guy.

matmilne
10-03-2006, 05:08 AM
that story sounds rather familiar.
funny how improvisation or "messing about" as most music teachers would describe it, brings a freshness to your whole creative talent, and tends to make music sound far more original.

fongi
10-03-2006, 02:28 PM
Welcome Sebastian ! :D

Nash
10-05-2006, 09:49 PM
WELCOME man!:D