PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Switzerland

SJK
10-05-2006, 02:57 AM
Hi everyone,

I must admit that I am a complete beginner when it comes to orchestration. I've been making nusic ever since I'm 12 (Guitar, Piano, some Songwriting, later Soundengineering) and always loved to listen to Classical music and film scores. I have bought SO Gold, Stormdrum and Percussive Adventures 2 and Samuel Adler's latest "Study Of Orchestration". Maybe with some help from people on this forum and a lot of time I will manage to realize some of the ideas I have :)

Jan

fongi
10-05-2006, 04:53 AM
Hi Jan ! welcome here, you have just begun a most interesting life long adventure. Chris :D

SJK
10-05-2006, 09:11 AM
Thanks for the welcome! Yes, so much I have gathered already: it would need several lifes to fully grasp the topic. But it will be fun even to just tackle the basics :)

Jan

fongi
10-05-2006, 01:18 PM
Here´s how you do it, DONT watch TV, no women, drinking is allowed and write and write and write you´ll get it !! Chris :D ;) :D

Nash
10-05-2006, 09:57 PM
Hi everyone,

I must admit that I am a complete beginner when it comes to orchestration. I've been making nusic ever since I'm 12 (Guitar, Piano, some Songwriting, later Soundengineering) and always loved to listen to Classical music and film scores. I have bought SO Gold, Stormdrum and Percussive Adventures 2 and Samuel Adler's latest "Study Of Orchestration". Maybe with some help from people on this forum and a lot of time I will manage to realize some of the ideas I have :)

Jan

Welcome Jan, Hey you said you have been making "nusic". Is it similar to “music” hehe! Just a joke

SJK
10-06-2006, 01:02 AM
It's actually a new word meaning 'nu music' -> nusic...

Nah, just made that up, but I do kind of like it though :D

Jan

Nash
10-06-2006, 01:21 AM
It's actually a new word meaning 'nu music' -> nusic...

Nah, just made that up, but I do kind of like it though :D

Jan

HA HA HA! good one:D