PDA

View Full Version : Ra! Ra! Ra!

Debinani
06-02-2005, 10:50 PM
Continuing my love affair with Ra - here's a new piece using nearly all of the Ra Middle-Eastern patches along with Stormdrum beds and my favorite Choir hollerin' from Colossus.

Crystal Clear (http://www.guildengine.com/stuff/crystalclear.mp3)

Mills2k
06-02-2005, 11:53 PM
Mmm... I like! Would make very good video game music :D (meant as a compliment, not an insult; I love video games and their music!)

In terms of feed back... I think the break into the new material at 1:07 or so is my favorite part. The breathiness of those flute-like instruments (are they flutes?) also fixes a lot of what disturbs me about the overall production of the rest of it. It's a little TOO "Crystal Clear" in sound quality... too immediate, whereas the music itself makes me thinking of a shimmery haze and a desert.

It's very eminently loopable, especially considering I feel like the end of the piece needs to go back into that drum groove. As a result, it's easy to listen to on repeat :D .

Overall, I like it! Just watch out for being a little too cliched... But oh, do I love modal music... hahaha.

Debinani
06-03-2005, 01:22 AM
Interestingly enough, I didn't apply a single effect to it at all - no compression, and nothing but the built in Kompakt Grand Hall reverb - which I use for pretty much everything. Not sure what I could've done to make those patches sound more "surreal" - but I"m certainly open to suggestions. And of course those Stormdrum loops are so out there it's kinda hard to dull them down a bit. :P

awpmusic
06-03-2005, 01:28 AM
I love it. Saving hard now for RA!

neoTypic
06-03-2005, 08:53 AM
Great stuff! Love the percussion track and the use of articulations on the woodwinds. :)

ToddK
06-03-2005, 09:35 AM
Pretty darn good!! I'm still hearing alot of european classical harmony/
arranging style
in there, but you're doing really well.
Nice perc track for sure.. :cool:

RA is a blast!

TK

Brian Wardell
06-03-2005, 09:38 AM
The horrible thing about hearing a song with RA samples is that it's just one more set you have to buy, but which one first? Collosus? RA? Choirs? So many great packages and so little cashola! Thanks for adding to my agony. ;)

Debinani
06-03-2005, 09:46 AM
Nice perc track for sure.. :cool:

Well, the perc tracks are all Nick, I just draw em onto the screen. :P

Grimlock not drummer, Grimlock pianist.

Grimlock percussion dummy. :p