PDA

View Full Version : Hello! I'm not new! :)

Thomas Regin
10-09-2006, 07:12 PM
Hey guys (and girls??).

I thought I'd introduce myself even though I've been around a long time although not very active. I was also one of the first to register back at the Northernsounds.com-forums.

I'm 30 years old (:eek:). I consider myself a film-music composer, but it's not really true. I have only scored 2 short movies (for free). However, I also write "standard" rock/pop-music and I currently have a publishing deal on a few of my songs here in Denmark. Nothing that has made me rich yet, though! :p

I am a fulltime musician albeit a very poor one. I play in a few bands and I teach piano.

I have _never_ created a showreel before, but today I finally pulled myself together and made one. It's a bit long (about 14 minutes) so I hope that you are patient.

It's divided into parts. First some of my classical pieces. And at about 5:18 it goes into the more "modern" pieces. At about 8:00 it goes from jazzy stuff into new age and into singer/songwriter pieces..

Please let me know what you think of the showreel itself. As I mentioned this the very first I've ever made! Oh, and I'm pretty versatile, so don't get too shocked when it suddenly changes style.

Showreel (http://www.thomas-regin.com/files1/showreelmastered.mp3) (12.4MB)

Thanks!!.. And always fun to be here! ;)

/thomas.

Nash
10-09-2006, 09:13 PM
Impressive stuff mate, Should I wish you welcome then? Yes I will. WELCOME!;)

tchoyy
10-10-2006, 03:10 AM
Hello Thomas, welcome here ;)

fongi
10-10-2006, 03:40 AM
Hi Thomas, well if you´re not new you don´t need a welcome right? no just kidding ! good to have you here Chris :D

Thomas Regin
10-10-2006, 06:56 PM
Hey guys!

Thanks for the warm welcome!.. Always a pleasure to be here.. So much talent, so much to envy! :D

By the way I made two shorter versions of my long showreel for the different genres.

Classical Film Music (http://www.thomas-regin.com/files1/ClassicalShowreelM.mp3) (5.52mb) (6 minutes and 2 seconds)

Modern Film Music (http://www.thomas-regin.com/files1/ModernShowreelM.mp3) (6.01mb) (6 minutes and 34 seconds)

Still one to come with straight songwriting.. ;)

Thomas!

MCS
10-30-2006, 11:35 PM
Hiho Thomas!

cool showreel.

Best,
Michael

awpmusic
10-31-2006, 02:07 AM
Hi Thomas - welcome - we're almost neighbours! :) Impressive music - very nice.

Andrew Sigler
11-01-2006, 04:08 PM
Good Stuff!

jmdbrady
11-03-2006, 12:10 PM
Your showreel is very good thomas. What equipment did you use? EWQLSO and EWQLSC I guess:)

Best
Jean-Michel

Thomas Regin
11-05-2006, 09:56 AM
Your showreel is very good thomas. What equipment did you use? EWQLSO and EWQLSC I guess:)

Best
Jean-Michel

Bonsoir Jean-Michel (Jarre?) ;)

Thanks for listening to my showreel. I'm glad you liked it. Hopefully it will provide me with some jobs in the future! :o

Most of the piece in the showreel were made with EWQL Gold classic version. I don't yet own the Symphonic Choir, so there is no choir in there other than my own vocal.

Thank you very much for listening.

Thomas.