PDA

View Full Version : WoodIsGood

WoodIsGood
11-01-2006, 08:47 AM
Hello all. I've been around on these forums since early 2006 and have enjoyed sharing ideas and opinions with everyone. I had a moment at work today so I figured I'd introduce myself formally. I'm a big fan of the EastWest libraries as they have given me the opportunity to express myself in ways I never could before. I look forward to communicating with many of you in the near future . . .

Hometown: Atlanta, GA
Occupation (real job): Flame Compositor
Meaning of forum nickname: Not a reflection of what I think about myself, merely a reference to, well . . .
Favorite Film Composers: John Williams, Jerry Goldsmith, Danny Elfman, Zimmer, Michael Giacchino, John Powell, Harry Gregson-Williams
Favorite classical composer: Beethoven
Rotating in & out of my car cd player: Muse, Radiohead, Rush, Garbage, Pink Floyd, Beck, Count Basie, U2, Coldplay, many different film scores, etc.
Music Experience: Played clarinet and alto sax for 7 years - middle school/high school - dabbled around on the piano; majored in music at Florida State University for 1 year - ended up getting a minor in music; studied piano recently for 4 years before getting involved in scoring short films for friends and co-workers here in Atlanta.

http://www.christianwood.com/GeneChris.gif

Don't worry, that's not me in the crazy suit . . . and the strange thing is, it's not the real Gene Simmons either!

fongi
11-04-2006, 06:18 AM
Hi Woodisgood a nice picture, I dig Beethoven to he was a real goodie, by the way do you have a real name ? Chris :D

WoodIsGood
11-04-2006, 06:48 AM
Chris- Actually, my name is Chris. At one time there were so many Chris' at my workplace that I just decided to go by Wood. But you can call me Chris if you like! Thanks for asking. :)

fongi
11-05-2006, 06:17 AM
O.K. wood ! ..... I mean Chris :D Chris

WoodIsGood
01-01-2009, 05:38 PM
So, I've been absent for awhile around these boards, although I do check in now and again so see what you guys are up to, but I just thought I'd make a quick post and let everyone know (at least those who care) that I'm heading out to California. I took a job in the Los Angeles area (in visual efx) and hope to further the scoring career as well. Happy New Year to everyone and good luck!

Andrew Sigler
01-01-2009, 07:10 PM
Congrats on the new job...good luck!

OneThrow
01-02-2009, 12:28 AM
Its nice to meet an oldie, forum member that is! Of course wood is perfectly environmentally friendly as long as its harvested sustainably. All the best to you. :)

pinkster
01-02-2009, 02:12 AM
Happy to get acquainted with an elder family member like you Wood/Chris. I remember you being more active in the first part of last year.

Have to do some quessing now: Your nickname might refer to your hobbies then, are you keen on working with wood; or maybe you like hiking in the woods ?

All in all, happy new year to you too :)

pinkster
01-02-2009, 02:56 AM
OK, now I see it. It's your actual surname, but wood carving could be something for you after all. :D

peter5992
01-02-2009, 09:18 AM
Welcome Chris (and welcome to California, too).

Gedren
01-08-2009, 01:28 AM
Hi Chris, cool introducing ;) And great picture. :D

Warm welcome! :)