PDA

View Full Version : My new piece with Storm Drum and RA

tango9jeff
06-06-2005, 10:31 PM
Hey everyone I wanted to write something that somewhat described the way feel about my faith and this is what came out! Hope you enjoy!

*Also NO stormdrum loops used I believe in playing it all by my hands =)*

On This day (www.valandilmod.com/tpub/onthisday.mp3)

Products used:
Gold
Silver
Stormdrum
RA
World Voices

Jeff
Chasing The Sun Productions

ToddK
06-06-2005, 10:50 PM
Awesome man!

Sounds Gigantic! Love the drums, and the once in a while brass..

TK

ntm
06-07-2005, 01:57 AM
Great work! How are you making those fantastic trumpet swells? Which Gold patches did you use, I can never seem to get the brass swells to my satisfaction. As they used to say in the old EW forum, a patch list would be very interesting.

What's World Voices, who makes that? Is that where the middle eastern-ish vocals come from?

I look forward to hearing more from you.

studiom
06-07-2005, 02:05 AM
Great work! How are you making those fantastic trumpet swells? Which Gold patches did you use, I can never seem to get the brass swells to my satisfaction. As they used to say in the old EW forum, a patch list would be very interesting.

What's World Voices, who makes that? Is that where the middle eastern-ish vocals come from?

I look forward to hearing more from you.

Great TangoJeff.

What is that unique wind instrument that has that eastern sound? WHat reverb do you use for the final stage?

Dave

ntm
06-07-2005, 02:09 AM
It's the duduk from RA or QLRI, a middle eastern reed.

neoTypic
06-07-2005, 07:23 AM
Really good stuff bud! I really like the percussion. :)

ChrisE
06-07-2005, 07:30 AM
Wow! This sounds awesome. Love those big drum beats :D Very atmospheric

Brian Wardell
06-07-2005, 07:31 AM
Was it ProSamples 08: World Vocals (http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/details.phtml?sku=PS08) maybe? I don't have it but it's the closest thing I could find in the soundsonline store, unless someone else makes it, but I figured maybe it was a close name match so maybe that was it. Is it?

This piece sounds wonderful, thanks for sharing it with us.

BrianSzep
06-07-2005, 07:32 AM
Hey everyone I wanted to write something that somewhat described the way feel about my faith and this is what came out! Hope you enjoy!

*Also NO stormdrum loops used I believe in playing it all by my hands =)*

On This day (www.valandilmod.com/tpub/onthisday.mp3)

Products used:
Gold
Silver
Stormdrum
RA
World Voices

Jeff
Chasing The Sun Productions

Hi Jeff,

I enjoyed this piece. Like Todd said it sounds big. :)

- Brian

tango9jeff
06-07-2005, 01:22 PM
hey everyone! Thanks alot for the nice comments! and yes It was the pro samples version of world voices! I just went in and picked the phrases I liked cut em and FX'ed em to my liking! I really love stormdrum and RA too =). Thanks for listening everyone!

Jeff

DSONIC
06-08-2005, 01:00 AM
hey everyone! Thanks alot for the nice comments! and yes It was the pro samples version of world voices! I just went in and picked the phrases I liked cut em and FX'ed em to my liking! I really love stormdrum and RA too =). Thanks for listening everyone!

Jeff

Great cue Jeff, keep em coming. Sounds nice and warm too. What reverb did you use to glue all this together?

David

tango9jeff
06-08-2005, 06:41 AM
Hey david thanks man! I actually used the kompakt reverb to aid gold strings a bit more and brass. I also used Pro tools plug in's verb to give the vocals and RA stuff more warmth and space.

Jeff

Neilfactory
06-08-2005, 07:15 AM
Congrats Jeff!

I can travel with your track, more!

Neil.

Debinani
06-08-2005, 07:39 AM
Wow...that kicked my ass! Gorgeous, uncomplicated, and compelling.

Kayamb
06-08-2005, 08:11 AM
Wow, what a nice job you've done!!

This mysterious atmosphere is beautifully set. There is no overload with too many instruments... just what it needs. As mentioned above, the different 'verbs are very well chosen.

Well, in 2 words: Thumbs up!

tango9jeff
06-08-2005, 01:05 PM
wow! Thanks alot guys! all the nice comments mean alot! I really appreciate everyone taking the time to listen! As I have loved listening to many other songs created by users here as well!

DaveWalton
06-09-2005, 11:33 AM
Hi,

Very cool piece. Yes, very big, but I was drawn to the small detail in the articulation and phrasing. Gives it a lot of life and realism.

Good work,

Dave

tango9jeff
06-14-2005, 09:28 AM
Hey dave thanks for the kind words =) I try my best to give each piece the most realism I can. Its a long process sometimes but very much worth it in the end.

Jeff

lovelysilence
06-14-2005, 10:49 AM
Jeff, your feel for shaping spheres really stands out. Only remark i have is the percussion. It doesn't flow and sounds unnatural in that the balance doesn't feel right. Of course that may be intentional.
I remain an admirer of your work. Keep up the excellent work.

Liam
06-15-2005, 12:16 AM
Hey Jeff,

I like this piece alot. I've always loved the combo of ethnic and orchestral, and your mix is really good. We have very similar writing styles! As soon as it began I new it sounded really similar to the intro of a piece a I submitted in last months contest called Ascension. But then that can happen very easily when we all have the same libs ;) We both used the same RA Duduk, Deepest India vocal lib, Gold and Stormdrum. In no way am I trying to hijack the thread, but check out the intro HERE (http://web.tampabay.rr.com/rip/MP3s/Ascension.mp3) you'll laugh at how similar they are!

Keep up the good work! (and quit stealin my Duduk phrases ;) ) :D I'M KIDDING! :D

Liam

tango9jeff
06-15-2005, 10:33 AM
haha no way man I had no idea I had never listened to your piece but I will tonight! Thats crazy. I actually got inspired from the passion of the christ and wanted to write something like it ethnic/orchestral wise. I really really love his score to the movie if you don't have it I would recommend picking it up. Its amazing and very inspiring!

Jeff

Liam
06-15-2005, 10:37 PM
LOL!!! Thats why I called my piece "Ascension" as in "Ascension of Christ" Just like yours it was inspired by "The Passion of the Christ". That is too funny.
I have the score from Passion, I love it. It's very moving and fits the emotion of the film perfectly. It almost has a bit of dark feel to it. Its one of my favorites. Looking forward to hearing more of you music!

Liam

tango9jeff
06-16-2005, 01:21 AM
haha thats great man! At least we think alike! I am a huge fan of that soundtrack and I look foward to writing more in that style =0).

Jeff