PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Toronto

Neil Parfitt
11-06-2006, 03:52 PM
Hi Everyone,

My name is Neil Parfitt, I'm a 27yo composer and sound editor based out of Toronto, Canada. I primarily work in animation but have done some corporate music and short films as well. Sounds from East/West have always been apart of the sonic arsenal and will continue to be!

Check out my site if you're in a bumbly mood!

Cheers!

Neil

www.neilaudio.com
www.myspace.com/neilparfittmusic

Link to studio pics:
www.neilaudio.com/jerker/jerker.html

Thomas Regin
11-06-2006, 04:19 PM
Hey Neil!

Welcome to the forums! :)

Maaaaaaaaan, what a cool website you got!! That's probably one of the nicest looking composer-websites I've seen! Funny and easy to navigate! And that cartoon fella (you?) is hillarious.

Oh, and your music.. Well.. I don't even want to comment on that. All I can say that I'm _really_ looking forward to your posts in the "music" section on this site!! :D

Wow!

Thomas.

PS: Is that..? No, it can't be!.. My eyes must deceive me, but it looks a LOT like the good, old KORG Trinity in your nice(!!) studio?

Neil Parfitt
11-06-2006, 09:10 PM
Hi Thomas,

Many thanks for the kind words. :)

Yes!! That is a Korg Trinity - and was fully loaded with everything.. one of the best tools I ever had. I sold it last year as it was seeing less and less FULL workstation usage, and more for just sounds... so I did a trade for the TR-Rack which I still use all the time for sound unique sounding atmospheric and pad sounds.

Cheers!

-Neil

fongi
11-07-2006, 01:48 AM
Hi Neil, a very cool Website and some great music, I love that cartoon like picture of "you" I guess ? Just a question as a native English speaker, what the hell does Bumbly mean ?? :D

WoodIsGood
11-07-2006, 11:23 AM
Neil,

Great site. I like the interaction and the caricatures. Your music is very eclectic and I like that about it. You have a bunch of different styles represented there which really shows your versatility. Now I know of two musical talents from Toronto! Welcome.

Chris

Thomas Regin
11-07-2006, 03:28 PM
Hi Thomas,

Many thanks for the kind words. :)

Yes!! That is a Korg Trinity - and was fully loaded with everything.. one of the best tools I ever had. I sold it last year as it was seeing less and less FULL workstation usage, and more for just sounds... so I did a trade for the TR-Rack which I still use all the time for sound unique sounding atmospheric and pad sounds.

Cheers!

-Neil

Hey again Neil,

I have one of those babies. It used to be a really nice board. Strangely it seems that KORG never really evolved much after Trinity. Their Triton series was more or less a Trinity with some extra sounds and an Arpeggiator. I switched to Yamaha after the Trinity.

What's that nice looking mixing device you got? Is it Digidesign Command8 or .. ??

/thomas.

JSP
11-10-2006, 03:50 PM
Hello,

A new member myself.

Just came from Toronto, (worked there for a couple years)

...certainly familiar with Nelvana, being in the computer arts side of things.

And what a fun website too!

~Jeff

Kaatza_Music
11-10-2006, 10:06 PM
As a transplanted Canuck, I just wanted to say, "How's it going, eh?"
Translated to Californian, that equals, "What's up, huh?"

Neil Parfitt
11-21-2006, 11:56 PM
Korg always seems to take 3 steps forward, 1 step back... EVERY time they release a new product. *sigh*

Nash
12-06-2006, 07:54 PM
Welcome Neil,

Website? THAT ROKS!! :eek: