PDA

View Full Version : Hello all from Dean Valentine

Dean
11-15-2006, 04:23 AM
Hi,
my name is Dean Valentine and I've worked as a professional composer since 2000,I discovered Soundsonline,bought Platinum Pro XP and joined the forum around March this year.
In my late teens my interest in music was sparked by an old upright piano which was a present from a family friend,later I worked in animation on a few cult animation series which led to the chance of pitching for a series,for my first gig I recorded the whole 26part series on a borrowed Alesis sequencer,a second hand roland piano,a dodgy module & a stop watch,while pretending to the client that I had a professional studio
Things have moved on a bit since then,I finally bought my very own Alesis sequencer and a new stopwatch.
Since 2000 I've composed music for a number of 26 part & 52 part animation & Live action series plus a bunch of short films & documentaries for production companies around Europe/States/Asia.Each 26 part series can take about 6 months to a year to complete and although not artistically rewarding,(thats putting it mildly!),the royalties are very good.
Aswell as the TV & Film work,I am also writing & recording a collection of songs for vocal and In March 2006 I set up my new studio including Mac G5 quadcores/Protools / EWQL Platinum Pro XP & S.Choir sample libraries & Dynaudio monitors,I'm slowly moving towards music for games,I am currently working on a few cues for 1 or 2 game concept's at the moment(early days yet),I'm finally on the bottom rung of a ladder I want to climb.

www.deanvalentine.com

Thanks,
Dean.

steflund
11-15-2006, 03:34 PM
Hello, and welcome (strange since you have more posts than me... hehe). Really liked you music on your website. In my opinion it prooves you have a good ear for many genres. Keep up the great work.

EDIT: Took away the quote from you. =) Un-necessary since itīs just above! =)

fongi
11-16-2006, 07:36 AM
Welcome !! :D

Dean
11-17-2006, 04:18 AM
Hi Steflund,

Thanks very much,glad you enjoyed the music.I hope to have some of the brittlestar songs rerecorded with female vocals early next year,(I did the backing vocals on the title track 'Brittlestar' myself).

Dean.

PS:Your Welcome too!

Dean
11-17-2006, 04:20 AM
Hey Fongi,

I decided that a proper introduction was in order,Thanks.

Cheers,
Dean.

Nash
11-19-2006, 08:57 PM
Yeah! Its good to have new and pro people like your self Dean.

What else I can say WELCOME! :D

Dean
11-20-2006, 08:41 AM
Hey Nash,

How are you,Thanks fof the welcome.

Dean.

Nash
11-21-2006, 08:59 PM
Hey Nash,

How are you,Thanks fof the welcome.

Dean.

Good thanks, I may ask you for some tips sometimes soon:D Since you work as a proffessional I will be more then happy to share the knowledge and opinions with you.;)

Dean
11-22-2006, 08:33 AM
Hey Nash,

Anytime,send me a PM or a post here,regarding any tips and we can have a chat.

Thanks,
Dean.