PDA

View Full Version : Hi!

JRSB
12-02-2006, 07:05 PM
Hi everyone, this thread will kind of be pre-notes to my question I will post in the music forum.

Just a bit about me:
My name’s James, I live in Australia and studying in year 12. I’m doing composition for extension music so im in the process of buying equipment. Ive played piano and guitar for about 8 years. I was going to buy some gear for a band but I decided to focus on composition.
I get inspiration to write from um… Bjork, Paul Haslinger, Yoko Kanno, boredom…

Ive been looking at samplers to improve my sound and ended up here, more information on that in my other thread..

Beach
12-02-2006, 07:40 PM
welcome aboard man!!

and god... you are really young too!

Roberto

fongi
12-03-2006, 03:44 PM
Good day mate! and greetings from Germany, we seem to have more and more Australians which is cool, nice to see you here! Chris :D

Kostas
12-05-2006, 10:48 AM
Hello people!

My name is Kostas Rekleitis...well, few things about me: i am 30 years old, I studied in the National Conservatory of Greece, I studied also, in the University of Edinburgh and in Royal Holloway in London. At this moment I am in Edinburgh (again!) writing the music for a gallery opening. I have east west drums and bass collection as the orchestral and the choral ones. I normally work in finale and then in Cubase trying to impregnate life into the midi file! I have a quite simple home studio consists of two laptops (a very old and a very new one!) an Echo Indigo soundcard (Cheap but reliable, however, a focusrite saffire would be the next one). Before my introduction to the “elusive” sampled world I had been using an ensoniq mr64 but now it serves mostly as an midi keyboard, finally, a pair of studio monitors Fostex PM1. I've done few works with samples, and I have few live recordings of my music (choral pieces and a string quartet performed by “Edinburgh Quartet”-my only decent recording!!), I use samples because I'm interested in film music and in multimedia projects as well. Anyway..that's me! hope to talk with many of you.

Kostas

Nash
12-06-2006, 08:37 PM
Good on ya and Welcome young man ;)