PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Norway!

Halvor_H
12-23-2006, 03:41 AM
Hello everyone! Itís some weeks since I posted my first post here, so I think itís time for an introduction.

My name is Halvor Hem and I Ďm 33 years old .Iím the proud owner of the Gold-edition on the Symphonic Choirs. At the time of writing, Iím also waiting for the arrival of the Gold Pro XP.

I live in Haugesund, Norway where I work as a piano-teacher at the local music-school. I have studied piano at the Norwegian Academy of Music, where I also got some input on harmony and composition as well. It would have been nice, however, to be able to deepen into the realm of composition in a greater extent.

Iíve have always been interested in computers and music (booth together and separately), but its quite recently that Iíve started making my own compositions on the computer. I started out with soundfonts, but then I heard some libraries in the giga-format, and just couldnít go back! The libraries of a full orchestra, however, was generally far too expensive for me, so I was quite pleased to discover the EWQL-libraries.

Merry Christmas!

fongi
12-23-2006, 03:53 AM
Hi Halvor, and welcome ! Chris :D

luima
12-23-2006, 11:19 AM
Halvor.
Welcome, we need more talented people around here. It was a pleasure to hear your last work.
Luis

nickysnd
12-23-2006, 12:34 PM
Greetings to the best "Viennese Classical" composer alive! - a Master of the Samples, as well!! :cool:

How's winter in Haugesund? :)

Halvor_H
12-23-2006, 01:09 PM
How's winter in Haugesund? :)

The winter here in Haugesund is characterized by the unbeatable combination of global warming and traditional Norwegian west-coast temperature and rainfall. That means rain, rain and rain....

Joe Noť
12-25-2006, 05:42 AM
Hello from Joe.

Have a happy merry Christmas.

Regards, of a very new member too. :)

awpmusic
12-25-2006, 10:20 AM
Hi Halvor - welcome - have a good Christmas!! :)

Thomas Regin
12-26-2006, 03:37 AM
Hey Halvor!

Welcome to the forums!

I am celebrating Christmas in Bergen, Norway at the moment and was asking my girlfriend's family if they knew a famous composer named "Halvor H". That was before seeing this thread and finding out that your last name is "Hem"! After hearing your Rondo I figured that you must be a big name in Norway! ;)

Merry Christmas and once again welcome! I'm looking forward to hearing more amazing music from you! :D

/Tom..

Nash
01-08-2007, 07:11 AM
Hi Halvor,

Welcome and thanks for you pervious comment.

Sorry for being late to wish you welcome.;) :D

nikolas
07-31-2007, 03:29 PM
Hey Halvor!

I just needed desperately to bump your thread, since I love your latest works! Album leaf, the violin xp piece, the solo piano, the study... everything sounds AMAZING!

Very well done!

Halvor_H
08-06-2007, 02:21 AM
Hey Halvor!

I just needed desperately to bump your thread, since I love your latest works! Album leaf, the violin xp piece, the solo piano, the study... everything sounds AMAZING!

Very well done!

Nice to hear from you, Nikolas! Actually I've been listening to some of my older works lately,
and some of them really need an overhaul. They just sound so .........sampled!:D