PDA

View Full Version : MP3 download problem

ToddK
06-10-2005, 09:11 AM
I cant download or get any links/mp3's to work on this site.

Even my own links to my mp3's are unavailable when i'm on Soundsonline.

Can any net guru's here help me figure out what the hell happened?

A suspicious thing, the Soundsonline page doesnt load up all the way.

It continues to say "opening page blah blah blah, but never says "Done".

That could be related to why im having problems.

TK

Ranietz
06-10-2005, 09:20 AM
I'm not having any problems with the soundsonline site or any mp3 links. Have you tried to restart you computer and check your internett connection. That's the only thing I can think of at the moment, but I'm no net guru either... sorry....

-Ranietz-

AndyFinkenstadt
06-10-2005, 09:29 AM
I've had similar problems, in the past, right after Quicktime got installed and "took over" the MP3 file type.

Have you tried right-clicking and then saving the MP3 files to disk, first, and then loading them up manually in whatever MP3 player you wish?

ToddK
06-10-2005, 09:31 AM
Its very strange. My connection is fine, except when i try to download
something.
I get a "site unavailable" message, when i know it IS available.

I'll check my security settings again, and try restarting some more.

I must have changed a setting somewhere, inadvertantly. :(

Thanx,

TK

Ranietz
06-10-2005, 09:37 AM
It's strange indeed... :confused:

Are you behind a firewall or something? I don't know if that has anything to do with it, I'm just throwing out suggestions...

And I agree with AndyFinkenstadt. Check if your mp3 files are "assigned" to the right player...

-Ranietz-

Daigohji
06-10-2005, 10:41 AM
Have you got the latest version of Flash installed? It might be that ad banner at the top of the page that's causing the hangup.

Also, press the Esc key or your browser's Stop button before you try to download a file. Some servers will only allow a you to access one datastream at a time, so cancel your attempt to load the page first.

Mills2k
06-10-2005, 10:45 AM
Hrm... are you using internet explorer? This sounds like more of a software issue than an internet issue. If you're using internet explorer, try downloading Firefox and see if that helps things. Report back when that's done ;) .

ToddK
06-10-2005, 10:59 AM
Wow Firefox is cool!! Its working now!

Big thanks!! I may try to get IE working, but i will probably
stick with Firefox... :)

Thanks all,

TK

BrianSzep
06-10-2005, 03:29 PM
Wow Firefox is cool!! Its working now!

Big thanks!! I may try to get IE working, but i will probably
stick with Firefox... :)

Thanks all,

TK

Todd,

I switched to firefox some time ago and I won't use IE any more. Took a while to get use to but Firefox is better. ;) I am also using thunderbird instead of outlook express. :rolleyes:

- Brian

Andrew Sigler
06-10-2005, 04:25 PM
PEOPLE!!!

Never use Internet Explorer!!! NEVER NEVER NEVER!!!!

It's ancient, and using it is BEGGING FOR TROUBLE!!!!!!!!!

Firefox is a free easy-to-use alternative that is SO much better. You can download it from their site in no time. I haven't used IE in about a year, not since I had to have my system re-imaged as a result of some junk that got in when my son was trying to download games! I can't imagine the stuff that gets in there if you are, say... a young single guy...surfing around...lonely

We all know what I'm driving at.... :cool:

I used to use Adaware and Spybot and all kinds of stuff to keep my system clean, but since I downloaded Firefox, I've had NO TROUBLE. Not even pop-ups! I think I've had maybe a dozen pop-ups in the last YEAR. That's it!

Opera is also supposed to be good, but I've never used it, so I can't vouch for it.

Sorry for the rant, but if I can help ONE PERSON avoid the daily struggle that I used to have using IE, it'll be worth it.

By the way, I don't work for Firefox (Mozilla) nor do I hate Microsoft...

...just Explorer!

-Andy

drew
06-10-2005, 06:06 PM
Todd,

I switched to firefox some time ago and I won't use IE any more. Took a while to get use to but Firefox is better. ;) I am also using thunderbird instead of outlook express. :rolleyes:

- Brian

I'm with you, been using firefox and thunderbird since they came out. Never use IE - in fact disable the beast