PDA

View Full Version : Sisyphus

Sisyphus
01-20-2007, 12:22 PM
Greetings to one and all from Eugene, Oregon. While I'm familiar with both computers and music, I've never spent much time experimenting with the two together until about 3 weeks ago. Just after Christmas I ordered the Gold XP, Colossus, RA, Choirs and some stuff from elsewhere. Wow. I feel like a kid in a candy store. Back in the early 80s I fooled around a bit using midi wavetables, but it was nothing like this!

I'm mostly interested in classical-style composition, though I appreciate all good music. I'm working entirely in Finale 2007 at the moment. It takes a LOT of tweaking (and trial and error) to achieve a decent playback through Finale, but I'm seeing progress.

There seems to be no shortage of talented musicians/craftsmen/technicians around here and I'm learning a lot from you. Keep posting the new music! I love it!

-Ken

Scott31
01-20-2007, 12:33 PM
Hi Ken and welcome!

Sounds like you had quite a shoppong spree. I did a similar one and it was a blast.

A lot of the trail and error stuff, I find enjoyable because I often see things I may not have thought of otherwise. Stick with it and you will get it just right.

Nice to have you with us!

Kostas
01-20-2007, 12:37 PM
Hi Ken and welcome

I really like your "code" name, I assume it's an endless torture ;)

Kostas

fongi
01-21-2007, 06:42 AM
Hi Ken and welcome youŽll have fun here for sure! where did you get that name sisyphus ? sounds like a foot problem you need to see your doctor for ! Chris :D

Pietro
01-21-2007, 02:33 PM
Welcome! You'll have a great time here :)

Sisyphus - I believe the origin of this name comes from Greek mythology. You know, the guy, that was cursed to roll the rock to the top of mountain, but whenever he was close, the rock just slipped out of his hands and rolled back to the bottom, where he had to start all over again.

Am I right?

Sisyphus
01-21-2007, 10:21 PM
You got it, Pietro, that's Sisyphus. I visited your webpage and very much enjoyed your music. While I've never been to Poland, there is a big list of Polish composers that I adore, starting with Chopin, of course, and then Karlowicz, Symanowski and Penderecki, just to name a few.

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome!

-Ken

Nash
01-27-2007, 06:43 AM
Sorry for my late response. WELCOME TO FORUM! This is a great place!