PDA

View Full Version : Something a little different...

wilx
06-11-2005, 11:55 AM
Howdy people!

I'm a student in England, and decided about 3 months ago that I want to do film/tv/game composition as a career. Looking at GPO and EWQL Silver, I thought the sounds for EWQL were staggeringly impressive,so I got them. GPO also seems like a great piece of kit - and I noticed the huge bitchfight that seemed to cripple their boards for a while and got this lot chucked out - so I won't say any more about the rivalry, or whatever resulted from it.

Anyway - I've listened to the demos on here, and pretty much all of them are fantastic. It's both a brilliant inspiration and source of entartainment as much as a harsh reminder of the amount of talented people who will want the same work as me! Keep up the good work guys...

I haven't had much time to mess about with the samples and get a good working knowledge of how to use them effectively, but I've got a couple of months ahead to tech myself. I have done one thing though - a little different to the stuff on here already. Not quite sure what genre it'd fall into - you lot can decide!

http://www.zoor.net/nupload/britremixmp3.mp3

Any comments/critisicm/insults/death threats welcome - its all about learning from your mistakes!

TIA

Kayamb
06-11-2005, 07:56 PM
You want some insults? So get ready!

Just kidding. :D

What a surprise! Interesting and unexpected remix.
You did a good a job with Silver.

I have an overall criticism: the master level is way to low! You need at least to normalize it. I had to turn up my speakers very high, and the volume was still too low.

Question: how did you get Brit's voice? Did you get it from the normal record?

Songs remixing is something that I know very little about. I am very curious how you can extract voices from a record.

Good luck for you starting carrier!

zonobono
06-12-2005, 02:22 AM
:)

best remix of brit i ever heard :)

wilx
06-12-2005, 05:45 AM
Cheers for the comments - thought I'd normalised it but I'll bear that in mind next time. It does sound a bit quiet.

Getting the vocal on it's own is usually done via a search on Soulseek. For remixes, you can only get the vocal isolated from the studio master, or a perfectly synched instrumental/original track. When people find these they stick 'em on file-sharing programs and then people use the instrumentals and acapellas to make remixes.

I'll get round to doing something a little more 'film-score' later, but thought I'd put something - as the thread says - 'a little different' first! Ta for the comments again.

neoTypic
06-12-2005, 06:44 AM
Now that's a breath of fresh air!

Very interesting! *laughs*

Evan
06-12-2005, 07:22 AM
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA YES! :) :D

DPK
06-12-2005, 07:31 AM
Very well done! :)

Dan-

fourthage
06-12-2005, 08:22 AM
Not was I was expecting from the intro though pleasently surprised, very funny (not sure why) but well done its really good.

FourthAge

Toxeen
06-13-2005, 03:23 AM
Wilx,

Funny to get something different like this.
Your composition blends well with Britney. Silver Baby, one more time.

It was already mentioned - use a maximizer / normalizer next time and play around with compression which will make it more tight.

Keep it up dude

wilx
06-14-2005, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the kind comments - I might try out some other 'orchestral remixes' if I get the time...

ChrisE
06-14-2005, 11:57 AM
lol, great fun!

The intro completely fools you :D

biggestmuff
07-23-2005, 08:10 AM
could you post this again? the link is dead. :(

wilx
07-23-2005, 09:19 AM
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/wilx_music.htm

There's a little snippet of it towards the middle of the 'showreel' mp3 on the above page.
I'll repost a link for the whole thing when I can get round to it - but soundclick are a little bit harsh on posting 'remixes' - which this piece technically is...

wilx
08-10-2005, 06:36 PM
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=377598

Sorry to drag this back up to the top, but I've got a fresh link to the song in case anyone missed it first time.

Listed as 'hit me orchestrally one more time'.

- just rolls off the tongue, don't it..?!