PDA

View Full Version : A suggestion for Doug and Nick

dpasdernick
04-08-2005, 05:17 PM
Doug and Nick,

I own a lot of EWQL products and enjoy them all. The new products (EWQLSC, Collossus, RA) look and sound very cool. They're just too expensive for my budget. While I believe they are worth every penny, I am hoping that you might come out with more budget libraries as well. I bought Cult Sampler a while back and am thrilled with the sound set for under $200.00. I can slip this type of purchase into my budget (i.e. convince the wife) occasionally, but I can't afford the $1000 packages (I have to win them ; )

Any plans on some 2-300 dollar libraries any time soon? Again, I really think you guys are totally fair with your pricing (especially during sales) but I hope you also expand your catalog with some very cool but lower priced soundsets. Keep up the great work!

All the very best,

Darren

PS Perhaps an idea for these soundsets could be smaller libraries. I'd pay 100 to 200 bucks for a really nice acioustic guitar. Just a thought.

AndyFinkenstadt
04-08-2005, 06:27 PM
I'd pay 100 to 200 bucks for a really nice acioustic guitar. Just a thought.

I am neither Doug nor Nick, but I bought RealGuitar on sale for that price range. I enjoy it. (I still don't have any recordings to show for it, though.)

Stefan Podell
04-08-2005, 06:41 PM
They have done something like that with the ProSamples series. Those (I think) are pared-down versions of bigger libraries. Their list price is $130.

dpasdernick
04-08-2005, 08:30 PM
Stefan,

I have a few of the Pro Samples series (actually $49) and while they have some OK sounds they are really just teasers for the larger libraries. There are only a few real usable patches per CD. I'm talking about products like Cult Sampler, Morphology, etc. Perhaps they could chop up Collossuss and sell the ethnic instrumnets for $149.00 or the guitars and Basses, etc.

Great usable sounds in smaller bite size chunks.

Darren

wayne_rowley
04-09-2005, 02:01 AM
I suggested something similar on Northern Sounds not long ago - about splitting RA into separate packages for each ethnic region and selling them separately. I would love the Celtic sounds but cannot afford RA (unless the put it in a group buy).

Doug did not dismiss the idea, but said there were no current plans as they had plenty of other projects on the go.

But then if more people are asking for this kind of package... :D

Wayne

Doug Rogers
04-09-2005, 10:19 AM
When we have done this they didn't sell enough copies to warrant the expense and time (Stormbreakz from Stormdrum; PA2 LE from Percussive Adventures 2 ). We did a little survey and found that most EW/QL users want the whole package, and over time they get offered deals so they can afford them.

However, we never rule anything out. Currently though we have no plans to do this and we have a very full development plate.

- Doug

c.k
04-09-2005, 01:17 PM
I suggested something similar on Northern Sounds not long ago - about splitting RA into separate packages for each ethnic region and selling them separately. I would love the Celtic sounds but cannot afford RA (unless the put it in a group buy).

Doug did not dismiss the idea, but said there were no current plans as they had plenty of other projects on the go.

But then if more people are asking for this kind of package... :D

Wayne

Greetings Wayne,

I'm with you. I need Indian/Chinese/Tibetan samples badly
, but can't afford the whole RA package at the moment.

Cheers,

ck