PDA

View Full Version : My second Silver demo

Beach
06-12-2005, 03:25 PM
I have just put this demo in the competition thread for june.
It is enterely Silver, and it is the second demo I have made with Silver. I have realized this demo as a part of an immaginary "Original Motion Picture Soundtrack".
I hope to finish all of these demo soon to provide you with "my first soundtrack" :D :rolleyes: :o
Here is an extract:

In my dreams (www.exhibitionow.com/in_my_dreams.mp3)

I know that it is not the best, but it is only my second.... so sorry!

Roberto

Ranietz
06-12-2005, 03:45 PM
I think it's really good.

The only thing that buggs me is that it's sounds very familiar. I think I've hear something similar in a soundtrack, but I can't remember wich one...

But again, it's really good. :)

-Ranietz-

Raul_
06-12-2005, 03:45 PM
How beautiful it is ! Sounds very soft and poetic, congratulations :) What's your musical background ?

Thomas Regin
06-12-2005, 03:48 PM
Roberto,

What a great piece! Candy for the ears! Soothing, smooth and fit for any romantic movie!

Congrats!! :D

/thomas.

Ranietz
06-12-2005, 03:51 PM
Ahh, I got it.

Beach, you haven't by any chance been listening to the "Forrest Gump" soundtrack lately? :)

I don't mean to put you off or anything, it's just they're pretty similar...

-Ranietz-

Beach
06-12-2005, 04:13 PM
Thank you guys!!!!

Ahh, I got it.
Beach, you haven't by any chance been listening to the "Forrest Gump" soundtrack lately?
I don't mean to put you off or anything, it's just they're pretty similar...

I was really inspired by Alan Silvestri, but if you look at the harmony progression and also at the turn of the chords, you will find several differencies.
In addition if you want I can send you the score to see the differences by yourself.
Anyway I made this demo to test my and Silver ability to score orchestration!!!!

My best regards,
Roberto

Ranietz
06-12-2005, 04:24 PM
I was really inspired by Alan Silvestri, but if you look at the harmony progression and also at the turn of the chords, you will find several differencies.
In addition if you want I can send you the score to see the differences by yourself.
Anyway I made this demo to test my and Silver ability to score orchestration!!!!

My best regards,
Roberto

As I said, I didn't mean to put you off or be disrespectful. And I said that the song reminded me of the "Forrest Gump", not that it was an exact copy.

Anyway, I think it's a beautiful and moving piece of music and it's very well made. No hard feelings? :)

-Ranietz-

Beach
06-12-2005, 04:42 PM
Anyway, I think it's a beautiful and moving piece of music and it's very well made.
Thank you very much :) :o

No hard feelings?
Absolutely no!!! :) :)

Kayamb
06-12-2005, 04:55 PM
No doubt you got inspired by Forest Gump's score. :D

To me this is one of the most beautiful soundtrack (and movie as well) ever.

I have to say that you did a great job with Silver.

I was inspired by the exact same track for one of my first compositions. And I didn't get a result as smooth as that.

Great job, you're getting quickly into it ;)

Kayamb
06-12-2005, 04:58 PM
One more comment.

At 0:43 there is a clip, at 1:03 too. Or maybe it's just my file that is corrupted. Maybe you want to correct that, especially if that's an entry for the contest ;)

Good luck!

Beach
06-12-2005, 05:05 PM
One more comment.

At 0:43 there is a clip, at 1:03 too. Or maybe it's just my file that is corrupted. Maybe you want to correct that, especially if that's an entry for the contest ;)

Good luck!

Thank you very much I will try to remove them, but I think they depend by the high performance I need in terms of RAM and polyphony!!!!
Thank you very much!!!

Roberto

Kayamb
06-12-2005, 05:49 PM
No worries. :)

These libraries are great but need massive performance from you computer for the rendering in wave.

If you don't have a lot of RAM, you can try to shut down every application that is not required, and shut down internet connection, etc. Don't even touch the mouse during the rendering! ;)

If it's still not too good, try to render each track separately... but then you'll have to put the waves together. then it should be alright.

good luck with that!

Vissequ
06-12-2005, 07:59 PM
Hey!

That is absolutely wonderful!!!!

I have heard a lot of songs done with silver and this is by far the best sounding I have ever heard. It really sounds close to a real orchestra.

I'm new to Silver too, and I'm curious as to what type of effects (reverb and so on) you used. I haven't done anything with the samples except add external reverb in my sequencer.

Evan
06-12-2005, 11:02 PM
yeah..definantly could be more original, but this is great for mocking up and learning, in fact i need to do a couple of "mock ups" myself. Great sequencing, thats something i tend to lack in. :)

Beach
06-14-2005, 08:50 AM
Thank to all for the comments,
I hope this piece has enjoyed you.
Best
Roberto