PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from NY

benwalken
02-08-2007, 07:45 PM
Just signed up, wanted to say hello to everyone. My name is Benjamin from NYC, I am a composer/orchestrator, sadly old schooled (pen and paper) a newbie when it comes to sampling. I hope this forum could be a great learning experience,

Cheers,

Ben

www.benwbeladi.com

krob43
02-08-2007, 10:16 PM
Welcome Ben, I really enjoyed your website. I couldn't seem to get the samples on your music page to play though, maybe because I'm on a mac. But the sample on your main page sounded great! I look forward to hearing more of your work.

All the best,

Kyle

johncarter
02-09-2007, 12:51 PM
I just looked the website and the samples dont work because simply the links have not been done :D so when you click nothing happens, too bad ! I would have liked to hear ;) is it real orchestra recordings ?

benwalken
02-09-2007, 01:48 PM
Thank you guys for the welcoming.

The website is under construction, this one is just a temporary template, till the original is up and running. So there was no need to add music links for now.

Ben

nickysnd
02-09-2007, 02:13 PM
Hi Ben and welcome to this merry community!

Man you seem to be all over the map with all those locations!... :)

I enjoyed listening to your music, I especially liked the piano concert fragment. Some glitches and artifacts pop up now and then, coming perhaps from mp3zing - maybe you can do something about that. Also, the "jazzy.mp3" files doesn't seem to be there.

As a suggestion - maybe you'll want to post your pieces on the Music board of this forum, that's where people willing to listen to EW based stuff go.

Have fun!

fongi
02-09-2007, 02:57 PM
Hi Ben, and welcome, your website will be nice once you´ve got the wiring finished and everything works, you music sounds good too ! Chris :D

Nash
02-10-2007, 01:12 PM
Welcome Ben!

Pen and paper is always good. Digi world is fun just like this forum :D

Nash

nickysnd
02-10-2007, 01:38 PM
composer/orchestrator, sadly old schooled (pen and paper)
Just noticed this. PEN and paper? - Do you call that "old school"? How about my PENCIL and paper "ancient school" then? :)

audiochild
02-10-2007, 04:38 PM
Hi Ben,

I'd love to hear the whole piano concerto, sounds like Ginastera meets Prokofiev and I love them both.

unfortunately the last two links don't work for me.

I'm a fan of pens and paper! :D

Jan

nikolas
02-10-2007, 04:46 PM
Hi Ben,

I'd love to hear the whole piano concerto, sounds like Ginastera meets Prokofiev and I love them both.

unfortunately the last two links don't work for me.

I'm a fan of pens and paper! :D

Jan
Same here!

Although not Ginastera cause I'm not a guitarist... But prkofiev yes! And the pianist is very veyr good! From Hungary of course... it figures... :)

Welcome!

Lookign really forward to listening your music.

audiochild
02-10-2007, 07:36 PM
Same here!

Although not Ginastera cause I'm not a guitarist... But prkofiev yes! And the pianist is very veyr good! From Hungary of course... it figures... :)

Welcome!

Lookign really forward to listening your music.

Ginastera wrote only one work for guitar! its one of his most famous maybe because it was his last and it became one of the major pieces in classical guitar.

he wrote loads of stuff for orchestra also piano concertos to which I feel reminded.

nickysnd
02-10-2007, 08:33 PM
To my real shame I have never heard one Ginastera piece in my life, besides Emerson Lake and Palmer's rendition of a theme from Ginastera's 1st piano concerto, which became Toccata on "Brain Salad Surgery" album. One of my all time favorites! :)

benwalken
02-11-2007, 09:43 PM
Just noticed this. PEN and paper? - Do you call that "old school"? How about my PENCIL and paper "ancient school" then? :)

Well, pen and paper rhymes better than pencil and paper (pronunciation wise), but I use pencil often :)

I’m glad that you guys liked the piano concerto. Actually, it’s quite interesting; as this is not the first time listeners get the Ginastera resemblance when they listen to my concerto. I get Prokofiev, Stravinsky, and Ravel more often.

Unfortunately, I couldn’t upload the complete concerto as I’m using a slow internet connection at the moment, I will post the link once it’s uploaded.

Nikolas, I performed the concerto (but I’m not a good soloist, I just knew the piece by heart), thanks for the comment though :D

The website will be up and running in few days, sorry for the broken links.

Cheers,

Ben