PDA

View Full Version : music for short animation

MCS
06-13-2005, 06:49 AM
Hi!

I worte this little piece for a short computer animation. (which is about a little yellow duck :) )

www.mimesc.com/music/ente.mp3

(the little break at 0:50 is intended)

All comments are welcome!

Best,
Michael

Ranietz
06-13-2005, 07:14 AM
Hi Michael.

I like it a lot! What did you use? Gold or Platinum?
It would be really great if we could see the animation. Is that a possibility? :)

Keep up the good work.

-Ranietz-

MCS
06-13-2005, 07:21 AM
Hi!

This 100% GOLD.

Animation:

http://www.fal-design.com/fal_files/entenfilm_quicktime_339.wmv

The animation itself was for the purpose to get familiar with cinema 4Dīs possibilities. (but that was not my work, I did the music.)

Best,
Michael

Ranietz
06-13-2005, 07:28 AM
Hehe. Great animation. Funny stuff. :D

Thanks for posting.

-Ranietz-

DaveWalton
06-13-2005, 08:07 AM
I just watched the animation. The whole thing was GREAT!

The music was perfect for this. I love being able to see/hear the music in context. Of course by itself the music holds it's own, to say the least, but I think it's much better seeing how you interpreted the scene musically.

Great work!

Dave

tchoyy
06-13-2005, 08:50 AM
Huhu, the animation is very funny and the music describes this ambiance very well !

Great Job !

Daigohji
06-13-2005, 03:41 PM
lol, that was great. Both the visuals and the music really had that early Pixar vibe going (Tin Toy era).

Kayamb
06-13-2005, 04:37 PM
LOL, what a great animation! My neighbours probably wondered why I laughed out loud so much! ;)

The music is also great, and you did a great job to sync it to the picture.

Congratulations!

Clockworker
06-13-2005, 05:56 PM
Wow! The music is really amazing!

But one thing.. i'm a little bit disapointed of the modeling of 3D
The story is a quite funny! but... 3D isn't really.. wet? lol

Well this is only what i think! :)

Ps: Sorry for my bad english!
and the music is really nice!

MCS
06-14-2005, 04:25 AM
Thanks for your replies!

@Clockworker: yes, of course you are right, the animation is not perfect, but as I said, it was just to get familiar with cinema 4d.... :)

Best,
Michael

lovelysilence
06-14-2005, 05:01 AM
It's so lovely. The animation is also really really good. OK, it's not perfect, but everyone in 3D land knows how much cpu time you need to make it perfect.
A really good match. Something that would go really well in cinema advertising as a style.

Superb man.

MCS
06-14-2005, 11:20 AM
Thanks!

I didnīt expect so many positiv replies :)

Vai101
08-28-2005, 05:34 AM
Absolutely excellent mate - I listened to the music first and i think that it stands on its own without the animation, but when combined your use of synchronisation is flawless and the mickey mousing of musical gestures between each duck is inspired. it's refreshing to hear a compositional work where the writer has spent time thinking of the needs of the FILM rather than just writing any old nonsense. If i had to make any criticism (difficult) then i would say that at some points in the animation the score seemed a bit too hollywood but even so it worked so well - keep up the good work