PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Norway

Dark_corners
02-18-2007, 07:56 AM
Hi everyone,

My name is Raymond, 27 year old from Norway.

My background has evolved very much around filmmaking, and I therefore have a special interest in filmmusic. I am an educated filmproducer, but was introduced to samplers and EWs fantastic virtual instruments a few months ago. Now I am about to build a small private sound studio in my own home :)

I don't have a very musical background. I have in my teenager years played both accoustic guitar and synthesizer, but never in a band or in other organised settings. In fact, the synthesizer I am using in my current setup is the same that I used back then: Now an almost 20 years old Roland E-20 Synthesizer. Despite its age, it works great :) I am at the moment attending a course to fresh up on my noteskills, as some of my skills in reading notes has faded away over the years :)

Probably not a big surprise, but my favorite composers is Hans Zimmer, John Williams, Alan Silvestri and so on. But one of my favorite pieces is actually James Horner's score in James Cameron's "Aliens". I love filmmusic performed by Symphonic Orchestras, it's just a shame that it is not so often used in Norway.

Anyway, this is me, and I see if I can contribute to the "Music" section from time to time, once I get my system properly running :)

fongi
02-18-2007, 12:18 PM
Hi Raymond, I love Norway itīs a great place ! welcome here you will surely have fun, I also like all the composers you listed with perhaps the exception of Zimmer. Chris :D

Nash
02-20-2007, 06:37 AM
Welcome mate!

Have fun and learn heaps :D

Halvor_H
02-20-2007, 02:22 PM
Velkommen til forumet, Raymond.:)

Looking forward to hear some of your music!

blitzblaster
02-20-2007, 10:47 PM
Hi Raymond !

Welcome on this forum. I wait for your first samples.

Regards
Blitzblaster

maswot
03-12-2007, 11:08 AM
Hi Raymond,

I just joined the forum, too.

Like you, I'm also active in the film industry, but was a musician initially. I continued to call myself a musician up until the time I got fed up with the music 'biz' and jumped ship. Now, after about six years, I'm in a position where I can go back to my first and true passion, composing music -- but without having to worry about the 'biz', thank God.

What kind of work are you doing in film?

What kind of music are you doing?

I, too, am new here, but it looks like a great community of creative people. I look forward to meeting up with you here on the forum.

Best - Marc

isle3
03-12-2007, 12:21 PM
I would love to visit Norway someday.
Nice people in this forum,especially Nash and Fongi(Chris)
Hope to hear some music from you soon(since you like HZ;) !!!!)

Dark_corners
05-05-2007, 07:11 PM
Hi everyone,

Sorry for the late reply, but I have been too busy to visit all the forums I am a member of lately:o

Thank you to everyone for the reply and the nice welcome. Takk for velkomsten, Halvor.:)

I also like all the composers you listed with perhaps the exception of Zimmer

Nice to hear, but what's wrong with Zimmer?:)

Have fun and learn heaps

From what I can see so far, I'm sure I will:)

Like you, I'm also active in the film industry, but was a musician initially. I continued to call myself a musician up until the time I got fed up with the music 'biz' and jumped ship. Now, after about six years, I'm in a position where I can go back to my first and true passion, composing music -- but without having to worry about the 'biz', thank God.

What kind of work are you doing in film?

What kind of music are you doing?

Why did you get fed up with the music industry?

In film, I am working in the production department as Production Manager or Producer. Unfortunately, it's been mostly music videos and small, short films up to now. However, I am in the process of starting cooperation with new people right now, so I'll have to see where that takes me. My main focus and interest is drama, either in the form of feature films or television series.

When it comes to the music I focus mostly on an area that comes most natural to me: Moviescores. Mainly Symphonic Orhcestra based music, but I also would like to experiment in other genres or even maybe mix them:) It would aslo be fun to try to make some stand-alone music.:)

Nice people in this forum,especially Nash and Fongi(Chris)
Hope to hear some music from you soon(since you like HZ !!!!)

Yeah there seems to be alot of nice people here, no doubt.

I certainly hope to be able to make something soon as well. Right now I have used most of my musical time trying to sort out som technical difficulties with my set-up. As far as HZ goes, I think I have listened to him too much lately. Every time I'm trying to think of an original tune in my head, that stupid "Pirate" score keeps intruding:D

groennes
05-06-2007, 01:38 AM
Heisann Raymond, velkommen inn!

Lokking forward to listenind to your stuff.

:-)
Audun

Dark_corners
05-26-2007, 06:27 PM
Heisann Audun. Takk for det.

I hope I can have something recorded soon :)