PDA

View Full Version : Hello,from Toronto

isle3
02-18-2007, 07:08 PM
Hello everyone...
Finally got the courage to submit my first song.Played around briefly with midi tracks ,in the early nineties on Emagic Logic and a MAC but never actually wrote a song longer than a minute or two so never really learned how to compose music on a computer and gave that up completely until a few months ago and decided to start writing and...well,still don't know much but here it goes!I've listen to all your songs posted and most are simply amazing and this kept me from sharing mine but if i don't do this I'll never get better,so here it is and would appreciate your comments,good or bad,let me have it.
I want to try a compose for film also,what libraries should I get?
Cheers
Roy

http://www.soundclick.com/isle3music

Nash
02-18-2007, 11:41 PM
GO FOR IT MY FRIEND!!!

Enjoy:D

fongi
02-19-2007, 03:08 AM
Hi Roy, welcome you ask what libraries should you get, hmmm.... well if you can afford it get Gold XP Pro I donīt think you will regret that at all ! Donīt be ashamed about the level of your music, how the hell you going to make it better if someone doesnīt tell you where you screwed up ?? As Nash says "go for it" Chris :D

isle3
02-19-2007, 10:41 AM
I'm sure I'll love it,it's way better than anything I have right now(which isn't much) so I think I'll get it and also the Richard Davis book
Thanks Fongi and Nash for your words of encouragement
Cheers
Roy

benwalken
02-19-2007, 03:42 PM
Hi Roy,

Welcome, I am sure you will enjoy your time in this forum, from what I see members here are very friendly and helpful.

If you mean by Richard Davis’s book as the Berklee complete guide to film scoring, then I think this book is a little over-rated (it’s good read, but not complete as the title indicates). Try to find (on the track: a guide to contemporary film scoring by Fred Karlin, R Wright and John Williams) I’m not sure if it’s still published, it was first printed in the late 80’s early 90’s. But it’s for sure the best and complete guide to anything involves film scoring from business, concept, technical aspects, composing, orchestration, recording, etc... (It also contains sample orchestra scores from over 30 films to study)

Cheers,

Ben