PDA

View Full Version : EWQLSO Gold performs a German march & waltz medley

Toxeen
06-13-2005, 10:09 AM
Hi all,

This is a piece of mine I've done a year ago for a broadway show, featuring several german march & waltz songs. They were originally written back in the earlier days of the 20th century. Basically this is a total conversion. I got a very bad recording preview played by a big band that upon I re-arranged everthing. This one is the instrumental version.

http://www.toxeen.com/toxeen_german_march_waltz_medley_192kbps.mp3

Sample Libraries in use:

- Symphonic Orchestra Gold
- Trilogy

Towards all the cinematic, bombastic trailer scores, enjoy a more traditional one :)

Comments and critics are welcome.

Thanks,
Boris

sirbellog
06-13-2005, 10:38 AM
Good work, Boris !
I really enjoyed it, it was fun.
-----
I think it sounds very natural and organic, and not bombastic at all, which proves that if one knows how to use instrumentation, Gold can reveal unexpected and more nuanced sides.
And it's funny, because I listened to it just after having read other posts where it was said that Gold sounds synthy....
To my ears anyway, that's not the case at all.

tchoyy
06-13-2005, 12:22 PM
Yeah, Good Piece, I'm thinking of music in walt disney's parks while listening :D

Daigohji
06-13-2005, 04:34 PM
Wow, what a cheerful piece of music. Had me smiling and tapping my foot right the way through :D

You've done a great job here, you clearly have a damn good understanding of SO Gold. I'd have to look hard to find anything to nitpick here, since you've achieved a very natural and lively sound.

Beach
06-13-2005, 05:41 PM
Hi Boris,
very good your piece!
I really enjoy it!
What is your musical background?
You have done a very well orchestration, and the music is moving very fluently.
Congrats,
Roberto

Sicmu
06-13-2005, 09:27 PM
Very nice, naturally flowing, good arrangement. Do you know the Mel Brooks musical " The Producers" ?

Toxeen
06-14-2005, 09:53 AM
Heh ya. Thanks for your kind words.

Gold doesn't sound synthy but vivid if you play around with controllers and dynamics as much as you can.

@beach
I'm more an autodidact than anything else. Years ago I began composing, jamming, tweaking, writing and composing again. I started, playing piano at the age of 6.
I'm reading and studing as lot of literature as possible (which is very useful and evitable to improve your theoretical background). For more, have a look at my page.

@Sicmu

Yeah I know about Mel Brooks but I didn't have a look at "The Producers" so far.

Raul_
06-15-2005, 05:03 PM
Beautiful ! :eek: