PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Florida

acellist1
02-23-2007, 03:09 PM
Hi everyone, my name is Mark Ford. I am a composer, cellist, electric cellist, keyboardist, and vocalist. I would love to have you visit my site at www.myspace.com/markfordcello (http://www.myspace.com/markfordcello) and let me know what you think! I've only been composing for about a year now, but it's taking over my life!

Mark

Nash
02-23-2007, 09:45 PM
Welcome Mark!

I have checked your music. Very nice, and the combination of vocals, synths and orchestra is very good.

Enjoy and keep writing.

Nash

Mirek
02-24-2007, 09:49 AM
Hi, very nice song. If you're just composing for a year I think you wrote amazing pieces. I think I heard for pretty much synth parts an Roland Fantom in the background? (Sorry for my bad English, I come from Belgium and I'm only 15:) ).

acellist1
02-24-2007, 11:10 AM
Hi, very nice song. If you're just composing for a year I think you wrote amazing pieces. I think I heard for pretty much synth parts an Roland Fantom in the background? (Sorry for my bad English, I come from Belgium and I'm only 15:) ).

Very astute, Mirek! I'm using a Roland Fantom X-8 for most of the synth stuff. I'm glad you enjoyed the music, and I appreciate the compliment.

Mark

acellist1
02-24-2007, 11:11 AM
Thanks Nash! I definitely intend to keep writing!

Mark

acellist1
02-24-2007, 11:15 AM
Oh, and as soon as PLAY comes out I'll be using the East West Orchestra Gold version. I have the new Intel Mac so it isn't compatible yet, but as soon as it is orchestra music is going to be a major thing for me!

Mark

fongi
02-25-2007, 03:21 PM
Hi Mark and welcome Lucid Drops was very interesting, actually so was Michelle but anyway welcome aboard you should enjoy yourself here. Chris :D

acellist1
02-25-2007, 05:40 PM
Hi Mark and welcome Lucid Drops was very interesting, actually so was Michelle but anyway welcome aboard you should enjoy yourself here. Chris :D

Michelle on my friends list, right? Haha, Michelle is my sister. She is beautiful, though, I can admit.

WoodIsGood
02-27-2007, 09:33 AM
I see you're living in Tallahassee, FL. FSU grad? I graduated back in '92, minor in music. How are things in Tally these days?

acellist1
02-28-2007, 11:46 PM
Yup, I got my masters a couple of years ago from FSU. The school here has a lot of great things about it. I don't much care for the town of Tallahassee on the whole, but it has redeeming features. The local music scene here for rock and jazz is good. (Don't expect to get paid, though!)