PDA

View Full Version : Bach: Mass in b minor, dona nobis pacem (with VOTA and QLSO Gold)

benecs
06-13-2005, 12:12 PM
Hi,

I hope for some comments and that you will like it.

Dona nobis pacem (http://benecs.tar.hu/dona.mp3)

Beach
06-13-2005, 01:05 PM
Benecs,
what a great piece you have reorchestrated.
Bach is the great master and of course my preferred.
You have made a great job here.
As I can I imagine this is a hard piece to make sound with sample libraries, but you make VOTA sounds very good
There are some passages very close to real choir, and others less, but you achived a great job!!
Congratulations, :) ;)
Roberto

Daigohji
06-13-2005, 03:23 PM
Wow, first let me say that you've done a great job on the arrangement and mixing of this piece. That said though, I just couldn't get over the MIDI-ness of a lot of it, especially when there are quick successions of notes for the choir (I was reminded of Clockwork Orange at a couple of points). I don't know how much control you have over this in VOTA, but softening the attack should lessen the effect and upping the reverb can smooth over the transitions.

The higher pitched brass towards the end also sounded very artificial. Either switching them out for a different instrument or dropping them an octave could resolve this problem.

I think you just picked a really tough piece to tackle with a sampled choir, and to be honest I would have balked at attempting it, lol.

benecs
06-14-2005, 04:45 PM
Hi, and thanks for Your comments!

Yes, I know the problem with the high pitched brass parts. That's something I can't handle with EWQLSO. I hove allready done other Bach mockups, and its always the high pitched solo trumpets which sound bad. I think it's a point in the library, which really could be better. I've worked very much but couldn't get it better. I'm sure, if I would play it an octave lower, it would sound much better, but I don't want to change the notes in the original score.

I'll work some more on the choir.

Thanks again, and I would be glad to hear some more opinions!