PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Dublin, Ireland!

Éanán
03-06-2007, 02:04 AM
Hello Everyone!

My name is Éanán Patterson. (pronounced A-non) I am a working composer here in Dublin. Like most here I have a dream of one day writing in LA...it will be a long road but I feel I can make it!
I have been quite the voyeur over the past few weeks on this forum and am glad to have finally had the courage to say hello.
I've heard some great stories as well as some fantastic music. Its a great thing to see so many fellow composers willing to help one another being that the buisness of our chosen profession can be so competitive. As writers and musicians...our education in Music is never complete, I think its the best thing ever that we can always learn new tricks, and gain more knowledge in our craft. I think we are very lucky in that sense.
I wish you all the best!

Dean
03-06-2007, 02:17 AM
Hi Eanan,

Welcome fellow Dubliner.

Dean.

fongi
03-06-2007, 03:16 AM
H Anon ! and welcome you should hook up with Dean he writes some good music, and by the way what makes you think most of the members dream of writing in LA ?? I´m quite happy writing here in Germany, and I have more than enough to do, Morricone has written for over 400 films and he still lives (and writes) in his native city of Rome. Nice to have you aboard. Chris :D

Éanán
03-06-2007, 04:25 AM
Hello Dean & Chris. Hope I didn't offend with my generalizing comments! :-)

Where are you based Dean?

fongi
03-06-2007, 02:21 PM
No way man !! you didn´t offend anyone I just wanted to put the record straight and explode the myth ! :D

Dean
03-06-2007, 03:37 PM
Hey Eanan,

I live in Glasnevin in Dublin,I have a studio in my loft.
I listened to a track off your temp web page ,sounds great.I posted a composition in the music section titled DARKMATTER if you're interested in a listen.

talk to you soon,

Hi Fongi.

Dean.

Éanán
03-07-2007, 12:33 AM
No worries Chris..that myth has soo been taken down! You have set the truth free!
Thanks alot Dean, do you have a website I could check out? I'm currently doing a new showreel for my new website...I'll defo check out DARKMATTER bro. I'm just off the lep road up from racecourse, my home studio is my old dinning room! :-)

Dean
03-07-2007, 01:30 AM
Hi Eanan,

my website: www.deanvalentine.com

I'm getting the site re-designed next month and I need to add recent projects ,latest news and new studio gear etc.

talk to you soon,
Dean

Nash
03-12-2007, 07:08 AM
Welcome Eanan! Enjoy:D