PDA

View Full Version : Hi Guys, I'm Jim and it's a pleasure to join this site!

Jim Curits
03-13-2007, 08:02 AM
Hi Guys, thought I would introduce myself:
my name is Jim, I play guitar and piano.

I've just started using these forums, because last week I purchased the EWQLSO GOLD PRO Bundle.

So far I'm blown away by the sounds it produces.
I come from a self taught, guitarist singer in bands background, but have always enjoyed the recording side of things.

I've just recently completed the UK version of the 2-year "Music For The Media Course" run by Guy Michelmore, I highly recommend it if somebody wants to step outside their comfy composing zone, from day one the course starts to open up your composing capabilities, and like here, the students forum is a great asset to be involved in.

I compose for the media as well as write songs.

I've started to get a few media jobs since finishing the course one being composing ringtones for a ringtone website called www.friendtones.co.uk

They might not be everyones cup of tea, but they are great fun to work on and I'm looking forward to seeing what ringtones I can compose using the GOLD PRO.

Also a couple of songs I wrote last year whilst doing the course have been given some recognition.
One song received airplay in Scotland and another song has reached the top 10 in two chart catagories at www.broadjam.com/jimcpettigrew

Anyway that's a bit about me. My first real job with GOLD PRO is to reproduce a orchestral piece I did for a promotional DVD last year, I want to see what the difference in quality is, when finished I will put post both versions up for your comments etc

Cheers Jim:D

drkeys
03-14-2007, 09:27 AM
Hey Jim,

Good to see you hear!! Hopefully we'll be here more to chat and tips rather than tech support! But so far so good, I'm getting togrips with QLSO Gold and in the process of replacing the sounds from Garritan Personal Orchestra with QLSO Gold.

Good luck with the work that comes your way! Hopefully you'll have a nice steady flow of work coming in!

Cheers,
Michael

Jim Curits
03-14-2007, 11:18 AM
Hi Michael, we have got to stop bumping into each other like this:D

Yep still enjoying the EWQLSO learning curve, I'm looking forward to posting some music for feedback.

Good luck with the remainder of your course and don't hesitate to ask any advice if needed.

Cheers;)

drkeys
03-15-2007, 10:05 AM
I know!! People will start talking!! Hee hee...

Yep, I'm getting a couple of tracks out the way before starting to get knee-deep in Gold..looking forward to doing some mock-ups etc.

Thanks for the offer of help. I may just take you up on that offer! ;)

Cheers,
Michael

drkeys
03-15-2007, 10:06 AM
PS - I'm about to signup on the Logic Pro Help forum - are you a member there too!?!? :D :o

fongi
03-18-2007, 04:39 AM
Hi Jim and welcome aboard, youŽll have a ball here and you will learn a lot too ! Chris

Jim Curits
03-18-2007, 02:34 PM
Thanks Chris!
I'm looking forward to this new learning curve in my compositions (orchestral).

Although it's new territory to me, I always knew that my music one day, would lead me to writing orchestral work.
Some of the members music on here is superb, and it gives you some great vibes and ideas to incorporate into your own work.;)

Kaatza_Music
03-18-2007, 06:28 PM
Hey, Jim,

Welcome! This is a great place to learn and share about EW products and music in general. There are a lot of talented people on the forum. It can also be entertaining at times but you will find that out on your own. Look out for the guy in the dress :D

-Leon

Jim Curits
03-19-2007, 07:04 AM
Hey, Jim,

Welcome! This is a great place to learn and share about EW products and music in general. There are a lot of talented people on the forum. It can also be entertaining at times but you will find that out on your own. Look out for the guy in the dress :D

-Leon

Cheers Leon, yep I've heard some great music so far, and I currently working on my first piece using East West, I'm looking forward to posting it for the grilling:D

Nash
03-21-2007, 07:36 AM
East West, Sounds The Best!!:D

Welcome

Nash