PDA

View Full Version : Yep, you guessed it, I'm new here...

Sonic Ether
03-27-2007, 06:32 PM
Hello! My name is Cody Darr, I am 17 years old, and have a deep interest in music. Since I was five, I've been playing the piano. I only took lessons for four years, but I have been continuing to compose and play. I've gotten multiple piano performing oppertunities, but I didn't really feel that piano was the right thing for me. Don't get me wrong, I love the piano, but I love all music, and that was a problem.

For about five years now I have been experimenting with different genres of music. I acquired Fruityloops 3 at the age of 12, and experimented with various electronic music genres. Through trying new things I gained a strong interest in Trance. Its energetic, passionate, and etherial sound drew me in ever since I discovered it. I have been actively making trance since then, so I feel that I could easily (once I turn 18) make it in that area. I've had multiple comments on how my music is better than alot of professionals (though I never agreed with them). However, something wasn't satisfying me.

I noticed that I started using various free soundfonts of orchestral instruments in undefinable hybrids of orchestral and electronic songs. I searched for a long time, and the first orchestral library I found was EDIROL Orchestral. Talk about a nightmare. Though it was a step up, it was disasterous. I wasn't satisfied at all. It's strange that I remember all of this, but one thing I don't remember is how I found EWQLSO. But once I listened to the demos I was hooked. I ordered EWQLSOSE and have been using it for about two years. Only recently (actually yesterday) did I recieve the Pro Expansion of EWQLSOSE; I must say I am very satisfied, but it's still not enough! I aspire to one day purchase EWQLSO Platnium Pro XP, and of course the required computer (crazy goal for a 17-year-old, I know).

So why am I here? I am looking to expand my knowledge in orchestral music. I have decided to take a vacation from Trance (maybe for good). The Symphony is able to convey every kind of emotion if used by the right people, which is why I love it so much. Nothing has satisfied my itch for a versitile genre like Orchestral has. I hope to learn many things from you. So far, it's been great being here. And if you're reading this; good job, you just read ALOT! I'm proud of you!

Nash
03-27-2007, 10:43 PM
Welcome!
Good job by signing up. Great place to be.

We are proud of you too!!! :D

Nash

fongi
03-28-2007, 04:18 PM
Hey Cody, welcome here and enjoy by the way you have a cool name !