PDA

View Full Version : unused music from Star Wars III

Sicmu
06-15-2005, 07:09 PM
Actually not, but that was the idea :

http://your-sicmu.zftp.com/Battle_of_the_Super_Heroes.mp3

I composed this short piece while out of idea when working on a more "serious" concert piece.

This is a tribute to JW for his last SW score (who knows ?)

Hope you 'll enjoy listening to it as much I had fun to compose.

neoTypic
06-16-2005, 12:24 AM
Awesome stuff bud! *gives thumbs up*

MCS
06-16-2005, 02:08 AM
Sicmu,

this is really cool!
The instruments sound synthy here and there, but I guess it was not your intention to make the sound 100% real...

Yes I enjoyed listening! :)

Best,
Michael

DPK
06-16-2005, 05:47 AM
You must have a little JW blood running through your veins !

You've captured his orchestration style beautifully ! :)

Is this Gold or Silver ? And is that Symphonic Choirs ?

Dan-

Sicmu
06-16-2005, 07:00 AM
Thank you for your comments guys,

MCS you're right ,I'm much more in the composition process than spending hours to make two notes sounding absolutely realistic, to me it's rather a job of a sound engineer.

It's Gold ( but a few instruments) and the very old Advanced Choirs : if you can't understand the Lyrics it's because it's sung in Wookie!

Thanks again,

bmiranda
06-16-2005, 07:51 AM
Nice piece!
Good counterpoint and very well orchestrated.

Vissequ
06-16-2005, 11:05 AM
That's awesome!
I'm a huge John Williams fan and I have to say that his style is brilliantly captured in your song.

That's cool you wrote it in Wookie language, and for a fun fact (from a SW nerd), the Wookie language is called Shyriiwook.

Connor

Sicmu
06-16-2005, 04:15 PM
Thank you both,

I have also been a huge JW fan many years and it became natural for me to write in his style, I can even imitate the evolution of his style over the years.

If I like al ot the music for the second trilogy I have to confess that the score for "the Empire..." is the the best to me.

ChrisE
06-17-2005, 05:07 AM
Excellent work. You've captured the style of the Star Wars score very well. If this was to be performed by real orchestra/choir, you could be forgiven for thinking it was a SW piece.

Look forward to hearing more of your work :D

anton
06-17-2005, 05:57 AM
Something like "Duel of the fates from Star Wars Episode" ? ;)

Sicmu
06-17-2005, 07:36 AM
Thank you for listening folks,

yes Anton, I should probably write a "Duel of the Farts" but on the other hand I'm trying to turn away from the JW style : it's dangerous to be an imitator.

ChrisE
06-17-2005, 07:53 AM

yes Anton, I should probably write a "Duel of the Farts" but on the other hand I'm trying to turn away from the JW style : it's dangerous to be an imitator.

Duel of the farts? That might be interesting... would have to have horn rips, and plenty of wind in there too :p

There goes my sensible side...

tchoyy
06-17-2005, 07:59 AM

This is a great piece, but I think also that it's dangerous because each time you would write a piece, you would put in some JW's clichés, It won't be YOUR style.

ChrisE
06-17-2005, 08:06 AM
This is a great piece, but I think also that it's dangerous because each time you would write a piece, you would put in some JW's clichés, It won't be YOUR style.

I have to agree with tchoyy. Composing a pastiche is an important part of the compositional process. However, concentrating too much on a particular style will affect your own style. Think of it as a regional dialect. You stay to long in JW land and you'll pick up his accent, and you'll find yourself speaking it without actually realising.