PDA

View Full Version : Kia ora from NZ!

Julio
04-13-2007, 05:17 PM
Hi there.

Iím a classical/rock musician living in Christchurch, New Zealand, running a string quartet and a rock band, and writing chamber works, songs, film scores and ditties in my so-called spare time ;).

Itís great to be on board.

Julio :)

river
04-13-2007, 09:12 PM
Greetings from one day in the past. I have another online acquaintance from NZ, always been intrigued and hope to get there one day. Happy scoring!

Julio
04-14-2007, 03:27 AM
Greetings, Ghost of Christmas River. I hope to cross paths with you again soon; I just need to remember to tuck those waders into my PJsÖ

Kiwis seem to be getting fingers in all sorts of pies these days: maybe itís about time I opened my own peculiar brand of bakery.

Speaking of such things, business is a bit slow at the moment, so Iím thinking of picking up more side projects for the winter period. That and getting my ďstudioĒ (think: limited budget) up and running properly are the main focus these days: those sampler gaps (especially orchestral instruments) will have to be filled soon, after I upgrade my microphones and monitor speakers, which take priority at this juncture.

Pleasure to meet you,

Julio

river
04-14-2007, 08:45 AM
By all means, bring your waders. I have the best smallmouth bass fishing in all of Tennessee right in my backyard! :D

fongi
04-14-2007, 09:20 AM
Hi Julio, I īm sending you my welcome from Krautland well Germany is where I live but Iīm a Pom composer have fun ! :D :D

Doug Rogers
04-14-2007, 11:17 AM
Hi there.

I’m a classical/rock musician living in Christchurch, New Zealand, running a string quartet and a rock band, and writing chamber works, songs, film scores and ditties in my so-called spare time ;).

It’s great to be on board.

Welcome to our forum Julio!

I don't know if you know this, but I'm a New Zealander also, living in L.A. for over 20 years now.

Do you use any of our libraries?

- Doug

Julio
04-14-2007, 03:39 PM
Hiya all.

River: Thatís rather coincidental: around the back of our place we have Smallmouth-Walking-Bassó the world-famous mumbling Maori chief and local jazz legend.

Fongi: Itís jolly spiffing to make your acquaintance, old bean. As it happens, it seems nearly all of my friends have moved to Germany in recent months: I suppose thatís reflective of some sort of neue Gruppenwanderlust. Youíll probably bump into one or two of them in your line of workÖ

Doug: Yes, I was pleasantly surprised to learn of your locational lineage a couple of months ago; your doughnut shop seems to be doing very well indeed. And I certainly do use them: I started out with Colossus (which single-handedly changed my life :)) then added Symphonic Choirs, StormDrum and Adrenaline in acute bouts of spending. After upgrading my speakers and mics, my sights will be firmly set on EWQLSO (the main perceived deficit in my current sonic palette), probably the Gold+XP, and then numerous others, when funds allow. The PLAY upgrade is also going to be a must, especially for SC, as my WordBuilder woes are currently insurmountable. In short, I canít wait for your next exciting batch of cookies.

Ka kite,

Julio

Nash
05-17-2007, 06:52 AM
Welcome Julio,

Enjoy!

Julio
05-20-2007, 03:18 AM
Thank you very much for your warm welcome, Nashmeister 96K.

I extend my arc of greeting in a Perthward direction; itís always a great pleasure to make the acquaintance of a West Island West Coaster ;).

Hope everythingís going great for you: we just had a long haul wedding expo today (the off-season madness has begunÖ), so exhaustification has certainly been attained, just in time for the new week :p.

Take care,