PDA

View Full Version : Persian Night

Raul_
06-16-2005, 09:12 AM
Hi,

here is the (very little) piece I made today with Silver : http://exnihilo.nuxit.net/PersianNight.mp3
It's the first time I try to make some exotic music, and hearing that I don't think it sounds very exotic lol :D Probably it could be better with RA :p

Nima
06-16-2005, 01:48 PM
Hi!

I listend to your song.It's very nice composed but it's not a persian song or scale either ;)
It's a arabic scale you've used but it's very nice.

regards

Nima

Beach
06-16-2005, 01:57 PM
Raul,
very good composition!!!
I like what you do with the flute patch, is it the C_flute or the piccolo flute patch those you have used?
My congratulations again,
Roberto

Raul_
06-16-2005, 02:39 PM
Thanks a lot both of you !! :)

Nima : you must be right... How do we say that in english, a "scale" ? In this piece I basically used "1311231" scale because I read somewhere it's a persian scale, but apparently that's wrong. Do you know the right persian scale so ? (If I say "scale" one more time, I become crazy... Damn', it's done!)

Beach : I used the C_flute one (3fl sus). Thanks for your kind word !

Nima
06-16-2005, 03:04 PM
Hi again Raul!

There are many persian "scales"and to play most of them you need quarter notes :) You can google for it to find many of them if you are intrested ;)

mikosworld
06-17-2005, 03:52 AM
Great composition, but ...
I find that the melody played by a traditional flute, does not give a side Arabist...
it would be necessary to use an Eastern flute (from RA) :)

lovelysilence
06-18-2005, 06:27 AM
Hi!

I listend to your song.It's very nice composed but it's not a persian song or scale either ;)
It's a arabic scale you've used but it's very nice.

regards

Nima

It's neither an arabic scale, but Harmonic Minor, which is used almost always in Arabian music, but not solely. As you seem to know about scales, you must have noticed it ends with a Major scale. :p