PDA

View Full Version : 1st Silver Demo

BMoody326
06-16-2005, 12:54 PM
This is my 1st shot at this style of music so all feedback would be helpful..I come from a pop electronica background....I have been listening to demos on this forum for quite some time....I was afraid to post but decided hey what the heck :D ....The peice is called Redemption....http://www.soundclick.com/bands/7/brianmoody_music.htm

Beach
06-16-2005, 05:31 PM
Well, I was wondering why nobody has given you a reply.
This is a really short piece, but you make the library sound very good, my congrats.
There is too much 'verb or is it only depending on quality of the sound? (I listen through itunes)
Anyway very best results for Silver and good composition!!!
Best,
Roberto

BMoody326
06-16-2005, 11:46 PM
Thanks for feedback....i really appreciate it Beach.....I was just getting a feel for the library that's why it's so short... :) If anyone else listens i would really like some feedback if you have the time..... :D

fitchmicah
06-17-2005, 11:42 AM
I really like this, and I have some ideas. I think it would sound way better if you build from very small to very big (or as big as sounds good). I like how the flute comes in at the end. I think if you started out flat until the flute came in and then started building, it would be better. At this point, what's going to give you better results is dynamic contrast and tweaking articulations!

Micah Fitch

scarr
06-17-2005, 01:50 PM
It sounds great, but still incomplete. To me, it sounds like the intro to something. Either a melody needs to come out to pull the thing along, or a beat needs to come in to push it.

I should probably temper that by noting how anything that stays too ambient for too long will put me to sleep, and that's not a factor of your particular piece. :)

BMoody326
06-18-2005, 07:27 AM
Thanks for all the feedback....it is very helpful....I decided i'm going to make the piece longer too..... :D