PDA

View Full Version : Darn

dcoscina
04-10-2005, 12:31 AM
Just noticed that the release date for the Pro upgrades has been moved to May 31st. Well, I guess if i look at it on the bright side, the libs will most-likely kick severe butt. I cannot wait to hear some examples of the Qlegato. My feeling is the longer it takes, the more awe-inspiring the sounds will be. Must remember the ol' addage "good things come to those who wait".

oh as a side bar, I noticed that while SoundsOnline has dropped the points thing, they have set it up so that whatever points current customers have can be used towards a purchase before May, and they've waived the 1000 point minimum. That's kind of cool. Thumbs up guys. Way up!!! :cool:

Stefan Podell
04-10-2005, 09:31 AM
Hey, well... My birthday is May 31st, so that won't suck too bad for me! :)

dcoscina
04-10-2005, 09:32 AM
No this doesn't suck. Let me be clear about it. I'm just disappointed I can't get in on those new sounds sooner, but hey, I'm sure the wait is more than worth it.

Stefan Podell
04-10-2005, 10:02 AM
Yeah, I totally understand. Maybe it's a boon -- more time with Gold.

Wes37
04-10-2005, 12:53 PM
I'm glad to see that there isn't any grousing over the moved release date. I also prefer to wait and give the development team the time they need to get the PRO versions right. :)

dcoscina
04-10-2005, 02:58 PM
Being a customer of SoundsOnline, I appreciate the ability to use my remaining points towards a purchase before May 1st. That's very cool of them!

Blazinghammer
04-10-2005, 07:51 PM
Being a customer of SoundsOnline, I appreciate the ability to use my remaining points towards a purchase before May 1st. That's very cool of them!

Cool indeed! BTW, how much is does each point translate in dollars? (100 points = $10?)

TIA,

Stefan Podell
04-10-2005, 07:56 PM
Yes, that's right. In olden times, you had to redeem points 1000 ($100) at a time. But now that they're ending the program, you can use however many you have, at that conversion rate. Sad for me, I bought the 3 for 2 deal after they stopped giving out points. :( I still have some though. Probably StormDrum for me...

Blazinghammer
04-11-2005, 02:14 AM
Yes, that's right. In olden times, you had to redeem points 1000 ($100) at a time. But now that they're ending the program, you can use however many you have, at that conversion rate. Sad for me, I bought the 3 for 2 deal after they stopped giving out points. :( I still have some though. Probably StormDrum for me...

Thanks for the reply, Stefan. Sorry to hear of your misfortune (SD should serve you well, though :) )

Blessings,

amo
04-11-2005, 03:32 AM

I think the deadline for the use of points is May 31st, as said on that page:

http://www.soundsonline.com/points.shtml

Regards,
Amaury

dcoscina
04-11-2005, 06:29 AM
Even better! I only have about 600 points but hey, that's $60 off of Silver Pro so there ya go.

Incidently, I heard the VSL Kontakt 2 sounds- eh. I'm not that impressed. Hence, I'm anxiously awaiting the EWQLSO Pro Qlegato sounds which I know will not disappoint.

Petronome
04-11-2005, 01:38 PM
Btw, has there been any info, or does someone have some clue about how many GIGs will the silver pro be? Something like the original, ~2gb?

Doug Rogers
04-11-2005, 02:32 PM
Btw, has there been any info, or does someone have some clue about how many GIGs will the silver pro be? Something like the original, ~2gb?

It should be similar; when we know for sure we'll post it here.

- Doug

dcoscina
04-11-2005, 03:23 PM
It should be similar; when we know for sure we'll post it here.

- Doug

you know, 2 gigs for Silver is pretty impressive. I mean, the sounds in Silver are strong as they are. I still use it on my laptop for sketches and I'm pleased with the sounds. Of course, I'm a Gold convert and honestly use that for the bulk of my writing and recording nowadays. But Silver is what got the whole ball rolling for me back last summer. I think Silver Pro will be great!