PDA

View Full Version : First posted Silver piece

Swidhelm
06-17-2005, 11:35 PM
Hello all. Never really posted here before, though have lurked here since this forum opened, and before that on northersounds for eons. I got silver a while ago now, but always found it somewhat intimidating to post here because of all the big boys. Heh. Well here goes nothin'.

I FINALLY got some music back online since mp3.com went down the crapper more than a year ago, and would really like feedback from those who know this kind of music. The piece in question is Militant Dead (refrained from using "March of the Dead" for obvious reason, heh). I wanted a good march for the dead, but wanted to avoid imitating Elfman's piece for army of darkness. I hope I succeeded, and hope you guys enjoy. And any kind of critizism is welcome.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=358223&songID=2523467

Thanks for listening,
Cheers!

liquidcrow
06-20-2005, 06:02 PM
Wooh, pretty coo composition. Very animated, I can imagine the skeleton army from the evil dead movies; scarry with a hint of comedy. Nice Work!

DaveWalton
06-22-2005, 08:25 AM
Hi,

I can't imagine why you didn't get more responses on this. It's very good (excellent), and a fairly ambitious composition. Me personally, I think it's one of the better compositions I've heard here lately.

Keep up the good work and post more stuff. You've pick up a new fan.

Dave

Swidhelm
06-23-2005, 04:28 PM
To be honest I expected more replies, and more critizism, but I am grateful for what I did recieve. I guess I wasn't really sure what I'd get. First time posting a piece on these forums, or any forum for that matter. Thank you guys, for your replies, and I'm glad you liked the piece. Thank you also for the positive comments! From members on a board like this, I can tell you, it makes my day. :)

Cheers

tchoyy
06-24-2005, 01:38 AM
Sorry As I'm a beginner, I'm not enought skilled to judge your demo, but I like it.

Nevertheless I don't understand too. Must we be big orchestra boss in order to get feedbacks here ?
Maybe others don't have time to post a little feedback, but as an amateur, I think it may help us more.

legofred
06-24-2005, 08:35 PM
I can't imagine why you didn't get more responses on this.
I'm sorry, but I don't bother as long as a registration is required to be able to listen. My name is not for sale. But I'm shure your piece is excellent. :)

Swidhelm
06-25-2005, 01:20 AM
legofred, yeah that is kind of what I do too actually. Doesn't really bother me or anything I jsut thought I'd get more. But still, even a couple is cool. Gives a littel feed back. I'm not one of the big boys, just a hobbiest, so whatever comes my way is cool. I am grateful to those that did reply though.

Cheers

drew
06-25-2005, 07:20 AM
I think you did a pretty good job on this, for the style you were going for. My main critique is that I felt the orchestration was a little thin. There were spots where I was expecting a big orchestral tutti climax and it left me a little wanting when it didn't happen. You might try filling things in a bit to get a bigger, fuller sound. Otherwise, nice work for a first time post.