PDA

View Full Version : Lots of EWQLSO compositions!

moviescore
06-18-2005, 10:17 AM
Hello friends,

Please visit http://www.mikaelcarlsson.com to listen to a lot of demo compositions written and produced using EWQLSO Silver and Gold Editions. You can find the music in the "Compositions" area at http://hem.bredband.net/moviescore/compositions.html.

Many of the tracks were realized using EWQLSO sounds only, some of them also make additional use of Atmosphere, Stylus and Trilogy.

Let me know what you think! Thanks!

mikael

Beach
06-18-2005, 05:15 PM
In front of so many compositions,
I have only to make you my congratulations.
I have listened at many of your piece and I have to say that you make really good music.
Thank you very much for sharing these beautiful pieces!!!!
Best of luck,
Roberto

fitchmicah
06-20-2005, 10:04 AM
Yes, you are very good!

You have given me hope that I will be able to create realistic sounding pieces with Gold!

DaveWalton
06-20-2005, 06:20 PM
Hi,

I didn't listen to everything but a fair portion of what was there. All very good stuff.

Can I ask what you're doing in the EQ department? I like the sound that you're getting and was wondering if you could share anything about what you've done to get that sound.

Thanks,

Dave

Evan
06-21-2005, 06:28 AM
i agree im liking your sound, cant wait to hear more!

moviescore
06-21-2005, 09:50 AM
Can I ask what you're doing in the EQ department? I like the sound that you're getting and was wondering if you could share anything about what you've done to get that sound.

Thanks for the kind words!

You know what? When it comes to the sounds from EWQLSO Gold Edition I do virtually no EQ at all! These sounds have such a natural feel as they are. I would only mess things up if I added filters and stuff to these sounds. For Silver Edition I usually only add a simple reverb in Cubase.

I feel that if you choose your sounds very, very carefully for your composition, getting the exact articulations appropriate for the style of your piece, you will get a highly natural sound.

mikael

JeZii
06-22-2005, 02:07 PM
Hey there, neighbor! :)

All of your compositions I listened to so far have been great, especially because of the realism of the instruments. Makes me want to upgrade my Silver to Gold. :)

I've been messing up with EQ maybe a bit too much, because I'm sort of a "bass sound addict". I guess I should try not to use it, for the realism. First I'm now going to save money for that Gold though...

Very great job anyway, you've learned using those instruments very well, I wish my instrumentation/orchestration could be as good as that! :)

Thanks,
- Joona

jakob
06-30-2005, 01:36 PM
Can't you just tell when someone's a pro? It convinces you immediately. Very impressive.